Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 20 Speed Holster

dagger10k

I've got my bladetech DOH adjusted so that it is comfortable for me, in a sort of appendix position, but it slows down my draw a bit because I have to draw back and to the side before I can push forwards out of the holster. I am considering getting a speed holster for this reason.

Does anyone shoot a Glock 20 in Limited or L10? What kind of holsters do you use? The only one I could find that fits is the CR Speed WSM2 at Shooter's Connection, but it is out of stock.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by dagger10k

How long have you been practicing with the bladetech?

I use the same holster with a G21sf in L10. I think it's a great holster. I use it closer to my hip though. Perhaps that could be a suggestion?

It took a lot of dry draws for me to get comfortable but I doubt the holster will hold you back. It's a pretty good rig that a lot of big guys use.

I think it's a great holster too. The only reason I wear it where I do is because of comfort. I originally wore it straight on my side, but my wrist started to hurt after a while. It's faster in the normal location, but a lot more comfortable tilted back a bit, and moved forward, the same place I see a lot of shooters wearing speed holsters.

Here is a video from a recent match so you can see what I mean about my draw:

Edited by dagger10k

Do you have any more information about this? That's a nice looking holster.

You can try Saul Kirsch's new holster, the Race Master. They have only 1 glock insert (designed for small frame glocks) but Saul said it should work but you have to remove some material to fit it. The trigger guards are similar between the large and small frames.

It would be super cool if the Ghost Holster worked for this. Hmmm. I have often wondered how much difference there really is between the triggerguard of the large and small frames. I don't own a small frame glock, and I always forget to check when I have the chance...

I've moved the holster a bit further back now, and I think it works better. I don't feel like the holster is holding me back as much with it a bit further back. I shot the steel challenge this Sunday, and my draw felt less sluggish, though it could still be faster.

I'll check if the ghost holster fits my Glock next time I see a Glock shooter using one. Thanks for the suggestions, guys..

Edited by dagger10k