Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading loads using Titegroup power and Montana Gold Bullets

goingolf1

Hi I want to use Titegroup powder and I going to reload 3 different calibers. Does anyone have reloading data with Titegroup powder and the following bullets

380 auto .355 95GR. JHP

9mm Luger 124JHP

40 SW 165gr.JHP

I want to try using the same powder for all three calibers and I also want to reduce the amount of recoil with the 40 SW.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Hi I want to use Titegroup powder and I going to reload 3 different calibers. Does anyone have reloading data with Titegroup powder and the following bullets

380 auto .355 95GR. JHP

9mm Luger 124JHP

40 SW 165gr.JHP

I want to try using the same powder for all three calibers and I also want to reduce the amount of recoil with the 40 SW.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

You shoudl be able to find what you need here: http://data.hodgdon.com/main_menu.asp

I can tell you that to minimize recoil on the 40 go for the 200gr bullets and put about 4.0-4.3 gr behind them depending on OAL, with 1.200 being the top for 4.3gr.

The 165 will be snappy no matter which powder you use unless you drop the velocity way down.

I use 4.2gr TG under 124gr Montana Gold CMJ, I get a power factor of ~130

good load, I like it.

I use 4.3 TG at 1.140 with 124gr MTG FMJ at 1.140. 135pf. So that is actually a +1 on your load. Any spp seems to work well except I do not use Wolf. This is a hot weather load >80 you might want to back off a little in temps < 50 it is reverse temp sensative.

Edited by CocoBolo

Titegroup works well on the 9mm and 40 but not sure on the 380. According to Hodgdon it would be 2.7-2.8 for the 90-100gr bullets.

You may have some measuring issues when you get down that low. Don't be surpised if some loads are more or less than others.

I use 4.2gr TG under 124gr Montana Gold CMJ, I get a power factor of ~130

good load, I like it.

+1 on your load with 124grm Montana Gold CMJ. In my SA 1911, I get power factors ~133.

Edit: I use a OAL of 1.146

Edited by Dacsoft

• 2 weeks later...

I use 4.3g of titegroup a 200g montana gold cmj and a oal of 1.180 for the STI and 4.5g of titegroup a 180g montana gold cmj and a oal 1.125 for everything else. You should reduce by 10% and work up from there carefully checking pressure as you go. Brett

would titegroup be considered a temperature sensitive powder? or no?

do you have any data to reinforce?

I get slight variations but i also use my brass over & over, so it is hard for me to collect rock solid data. The 200g runs about 845fps and the 180g runs about 950fps As long as i make major,the guns run good & pull reasonable groups i'm happy.