Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tinted license plate covers...

G-ManBart

I guess I must have missed something years ago because I've always thought that tinted license plate covers are just dumb. I don't even care that they're illegal in many states, I just don't get them. If you've got a hot/nice/cool ride, is a tinted plate cover going to make it cooler? Ah....no. If you've got a normal/plain/boring ride, is a tinted plate going to make it cool? Ah....NO!

I agree that they look stupid. The "selling point" for tinted license plate covers is to change the reflective properties to make it more difficult for red light cameras to identify the license plate numbers. I saw a Myth Buster episode a few months ago which demonstrated that they don't work.

Phil G

Ah....no. If you've got a normal/plain/boring ride, is a tinted plate going to make it cool? Ah....NO!

what the heck are you talking about? my gremlin is the shiz-nit now that I've got 70% tinted plate covers. I'd post you a photo but my ride is so cool it no longer shows up in conventional photographs...

OK Gman-suppose you had a purple 64 Mercury and you put on some plates like New York had a few years ago-black and orange.Talk about hate!!! When you low ridin' tinted is the way-the cops around wouldn't mind-they know every car anyway-plate or not roflol.gif