Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TOP SHOT #9

BLUTO

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the only other one I can find of Pete. (Seeklander fans need not watch.)

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCuldesac#p/a/u/0/bZ_tZFcQqKo

So, Peter is saying that he can out shoot Mike with a Mosin? Okay.

Let's see Peter out shoot Mike with a 45 1911 or a production gun on a USPSA stage for hit factor. Maybe he would give the excuse that he hasn't shot that way very much and hasn't spent the time to get up to that level in that particular way of shooting? Maybe?

This video dropped him a few points in my book. Overall he just seems mouthy.

Chris

The premise behind Top Shot isn't who is best at a specific type of shooting after spending years practicing. It's who can adapt to any firearm or other type of weapon they are given (whether they have ever tried it before or not) and make hits with it. JJ and Pete both showed us in the knife throwing episode they have that skill.

Maybe he would give the excuse that he hasn't shot that way very much and hasn't spent the time to get up to that level in that particular way of shooting?

No doubt Mike would smoke Pete on a USPSA COF- the title of Pete's video even says it. I don't know Pete, but I think his only excuse would be the better shooter won.

But it takes a well rounded shooter to be Top Shot. Being exceptional with a pistol doesn't matter if you can't shoot a rifle.

Edited by Bryan 45

True. That's kinda my point. Everyone on that show has their area of expertise. That includes Mike and also Peter. However, Peter took the time to make a video to show what he thinks of Mike personally and then put it on the internet. That's the mouthy thing. I don't think much of it.

With a couple of exceptions, all the people on the show are good shooters. That includes Peter and JJ freakin' Racaza. Maybe I have missed it but I haven't seen anyone else from the show take the time to make a video and put it on the internet trying to show up one of the other contestants.

Just my two cents. For what that's worth.

I was actually kinda pulling for Peter right up until I saw that video. Now I want to see how he does against JJ on a dueling tree. :sight: Hey, you gotta adapt, right. :devil:

Chris

If you put the three remaining guys against JJ on the dueling tree at the same time- I still don't think they would have a chance.

JJ has been good enough with the tools to make it this far- he was lucky enough that the dueling tree is (appears to be?) the final challenge so that he can use his greatest skill. That's kind of like if Kelly was still in it and the final challenge was similar to when he sent Mike home.

i dont the tree will be the END. it will most likely be part of an elimination to determine the final 2. from the sound bytes, it sounds like the final final event has multiple targets that need to be hit.

I've not had the pleasure to shoot a dueling tree, only plate racks head to head. Isn't the shooter shooting the right side of a dueling tree at a disadvantage with brass flying their way?

I haven't shot a dueling tree against anyone either. I hadn't thought about the brass flying. I wonder how they'll handle that?

Chris

I've not had the pleasure to shoot a dueling tree, only plate racks head to head. Isn't the shooter shooting the right side of a dueling tree at a disadvantage with brass flying their way?

I have one, and I've found that if you're both standing on the same line 6-8' apart, the brass gets ejected far enough behind the shooter that it isn't an issue.

BB