Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Newbie from Ohio

Chet

Hi guys! Just wanted to get started posting to the forum. My name is Gary but go by the nickname Chester. I have been reading on the forum for months, as a guest, to get information on reloading and WOW! is there a lot of information.

I am looking to get started in competitive shooting. Any recommendations out there for a guy in the Cleveland, Ohio area?

Thanks

Chet

I am looking to get started in competitive shooting. Any recommendations out there for a guy in the Cleveland, Ohio area?

Although it's been awhile since I've attended a match in the Cleveland, Ohio area, you might try Crooked Creek Conservation Club. This particular club is located in Geneva, Ohio.

Chet,

Welcome. I agree about the club near Geneva (about 2 miles north of Hartsgrove on SR 534). I live in Ravenna and I go to help set up every 4th Sat. and shoot one gun. The reason I do this is because there is an IDPA club at Youngstown Rifle and Pistol Club that shoots the 4th Sun. That way I can do both in one weekend. Go to the USPSA and IDPA web sites and use the club finder option for directions. There is also an indoor club in Canal Fulton but I haven't shot there. The staff and shooters at CC and YRP are all good people.

FWIW

Richard

Chet,

I'm in Akron and shoot indoors at Midwest Gun Club in Canal Fulton. USPSA is every other Saturday night (8/14).... next Saturday is USPSA. The other Saturday they shoot defensive pistol (think IDPA). You can use this as a guide for places to shoot within a couple hours of Cleveland...... http://www.practicalpistol.net/Other_Places/OTHER_PLACES.htm Next Sunday is Pardoe, PA and they always put on a good 5 stage match.

Welcome.

Aaron

Edited by ncboiler

Crooked Creek (in your corner) is here: http://www.practicalpistol.net/

Also check out the Eastern PA Section. (Go to the Crooked Creek match and those guys will help you find what is available in your area.)

Slight correction to the geographically-challenged -- you're closer to the WEST PA Section.

Their Sectional match is over Labor Day weekend in Erie. Even if you don't shoot, it's worth the 2-hour drive to come up and see what it's all about. Match website here. If you do come up, introduce yourself to the shooters and staff. Many of us are Forum members and are always happy to greet a "newbie".

Just south of Cleveland is a non-affiliated (meaning that it's not an official USPSA or IDPA match) gathering on the 3rd Saturday of each month @ 1730. Find the Back Alley Shooting Society at Stonewall in Broadview Heights (just show up, there's nothing about it on the website). PM me if you want more info on that. It's a VERY friendly match for new competition shooters. You can get more info on local USPSA or IDPA activities from the folks who shoot there.

Welcome!!

Wow you guys are great. Thanks for the welcome and the information. FranDoc thanks for the info on Stonewalls. I didn't know they had anything going on there. I'll have to check that out since it is so close.