Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP01 Shadow Accuracy

470nitro

Don't yet own an SP01 Shadow but really interested in one.

What you Shadow owners get for accuracy at 20 - 25 yards?

If you don't mind, it would be great to know your load also.

I haven't measured my groups yet but I can say that this is an insanely accurate gun for a Production gun.

The 2 loads I have used are

124grn MG JHP bullet

4.3 grns Vhit N320

WSP Primers

and

147 grn MG bullet or 147 grn Precision Delta bullet

3.6 grns Vhit N320

WSP Primers

Don't yet own an SP01 Shadow but really interested in one.

What you Shadow owners get for accuracy at 20 - 25 yards?

If you don't mind, it would be great to know your load also.

I haven't measured my groups yet but I can say that this is an insanely accurate gun for a Production gun.

The 2 loads I have used are

124grn MG JHP bullet

4.3 grns Vhit N320

WSP Primers

and

147 grn MG bullet or 147 grn Precision Delta bullet

3.6 grns Vhit N320

WSP Primers

Have you found your accuracy to be very OAL dependant or does yours have a fairly wide tolerance range with all three bullets accuracy wise? Do you recall what OAL you are currently running on these three? I ask as I'm now shooting an M&P Pro that is pretty OAL fussy.

Edited by 470nitro

My Shadow came with a test target from the factory in the box. The grouping was about 1.25" at 25 yards with WWB ammo. Now if I could shoot that well...

Edited by W_Buck

I have owned 2 CZ's. My first was a 75 B SA, and I currently have CZ Custom Shop SP01 that i bought in 2006. Both of them held ~1 inch groups at 25 yards. CZ's have a good reputation for being very accurate pistols, and both of mine lived up to that reputation. My SP01's test target had a 1.09" inch group.

Edited by lucky #7

These accuracy tests are completely useless unless they ate shot from a ransom rest or something similar.

From what I have seen, if you can hit an 8" plate at 25 yards freehanded, it is plenty accurate for what we do. If you are shooting bullseye then it is a different story.

From what I have seen, if you can hit an 8" plate at 25 yards freehanded, it is plenty accurate for what we do. If you are shooting bullseye then it is a different story.

In my first match with my Shadow, there was a stage that had an 8" plate at 30 yards. (Sadists!) I am notorious for my difficulty hitting plates in a match - I can do it all day at practice with my Para .45 - but not at speed in a match. So when I got to the plate, first shot missed. I'm thinking, "Oh crap - here we go". 2nd shot - PING!

Plate falls.

Big smile. :D

Edited by Jeff Matzka

These accuracy tests are completely useless unless they ate shot from a ransom rest or something similar.

CZUB factory "test targets" are really testing for function, not for accuracy. CZ Custom targets, on the other hand, do gauge accuracy.

I can post a photo of the two test targets for my Shadow if anybody really cares about this.

CZUB factory "test targets" are really testing for function, not for accuracy. CZ Custom targets, on the other hand, do gauge accuracy.

I can post a photo of the two test targets for my Shadow if anybody really cares about this.

Walkure: I'd really like to see your target. I just bought a Shadow Custom (used but done by Angus) and want to know what to expect.

I'm overly picky on tweaking my loads to get as accurate as I can so I can feel confident in doubtlessly blaming myself for misses (many on 8" plates at 30 yards).

If nothing else, it tells me what I should be able to do off of a bench with my own loads when I find the right one.

• 9 months later...

The accuracy will not be great out of the box in my experience. They do get good after around 5k. Less than an inch at 25 yards good. The older ones were better. My first pistol about 5 or 6 years old now is the most accurate pistol I have ever owned.