Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Robbie Leatham

There was some mention of it in this interview on the Women of USPSA blog . Great interview by way!!

excerpt:

WoU – The perfect gun, but you haven’t been in perfect shape for some time now. You had knee surgery earlier in the year and are now recovering from total knee replacement surgery. How difficult has it become dealing with your knees and competing at such a high level?

Rob - Well, 20 years ago (when I initially injured my knee), it was not a big deal. 10 years ago, I started noticing a more limited range of motion – but it wasn’t really affecting my shooting much. 5 years ago, I saw that something would eventually need to be done, as I was getting along OK, but having to make up in shooting speed what I was losing in movement time. At last year’s nationals, I knew it was time. I couldn’t stay competitive in field courses with more than a couple steps between positions. I have always been good in and out of a position, but now I was just too slow in full speed. More than that, I was losing the ability to shoot well on the move. That was insurmountable to me and meant that it was finally time to cut my legs up and get them fixed!

WoU – An inside source says that you’re beginning to see some progress on your TKR. We’re so glad to hear that!

Rob - I am – and that’s a very welcome sight for me! I’m not the most patient person in the world. I want to be running … now!

Edited by eerw

Just spoke briefly to him at Rio. Pretty frigin' hot on our bays by the way. His spirits are good from what I can see. Shooting drills.

Well of course and with some movement. Robo will be back. :) But there's work to be done and almost none of it is fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally a shooter with his own theme music, granted it is the slow motion sound from The Six Million Dollar Man but he will be back to kicking butt at full speed and soon. We can make him better, faster, stronger...... :cheers:

Joe W.