Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GLOCK 34 Production Legal Upgrades

dockbox

After shooting a friend's GLOCK the other day, I decided that I wanted a Glock 34 to call my very own. After searching extensively, I want to make the following upgrades:

Vanek Classic Grand Master Trigger Kit

Dawson Competiton Sights

13# Recoil spring

Stainless Guide Rod

What other mods do I need to do to get this in the best competition format that I can. Is a Tungsten Guide rod legal or does it weigh too much to be within the production weight plus 2 ounces? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

my glock 34 has the following for uspsa production.

vanek classic grandmaster trigger

sevigny competition sights fiber optic front

ISMI 11 lb spring with ISMI steel captured guide rod

grip tape

the tungsten guide rod is not legal for production but is for limited and open. any more questions dont hesitate to ask. put some grip tape on it trust me you will fall in love with it.

Remember, you don't have to trick it out much to be competitive. Start with stock and then see where you need to go. You may find yourself spending more money than you need to.

Edited by vluc

thats good, with metal sights and whatever else he puts on the gun it could go over or not. me myself i dont like pushing it with weight and not be able to shoot a real uspsa match. at the local club level it dont matter. the steel rod works perfectly without the guessing games.

iam not telling you not to buy it, just wanted you to know what the rules are. just trying to help you out. personally i have never been able to tell between the two when it comes to muzzle flip. a good grip will help you more than the guide rod itself. you will have a great gun with the mods you posted. i love mine. enjoy :cheers:

to tell you the truth none of these parts are necessary, but its all personal preference. when i started to mod my G34 alot of people told me its not going to make me shoot any better but i can tell you from experience i think it did. tune the gun to your liking, i love the way mine came out. the parts are fairly cheap besides the trigger kit which is GREAT I MIGHT ADD! i really think you will be happy with the parts that you are looking at. a good trigger, sights, steel or tungsten guide rod and a 13lb spring ( i personally like the 11 lb spring) and grip tape will make the gun easier to shoot and more fun. this is just my 2 cents, you ask ten different people you will get ten different answers. like i said before you dont need any of these parts but if you like them then by all means buy them iam glad i did.

i personally like the ISMI 13lb or 11 lb CAPTURED steel guide rod setup. i have tried the wolff uncaptured with there 14lb spring and it wasnt for me. the uncaptured setup in hard to put in, its just a pain in the butt. i really think you will love the ISMI 13lb spring setup, and order a 11 lb spring also just to see if you like it. its only 7 dollars, i ordered it after i played with the 13lb spring and for me i like the 11 lb spring better. but with the lighter springs i would recommend the vanek classic grandmaster kit with the jager striker. my G34 has been 100% reliable. iam shooting atlanta arms 147 grain ammo at about 135 power factor. i would reload myself but i just cant afford all of the reloading stuff at the moment.

you can either buy some grip tape from a skate shop and do it yourself or you can do what i did. i ordered gorilla grip from cpwsa or you can use any other pre-made grip tape, i used the gorilla grip but kept the backings from the grip tape and also kept one gorilla grip that i did not use yet and use that as a template to cut out regular skate board tape. so now you will not have to spend 30 dollars on more gorilla grip, just use your template and buy skate board tape which is very cheap. use a razor to cut it out and now you have preformed tape that you dont have to order anymore. i hope this helped.

iam glad i could help out a fellow G34 owner. if you have any other question iam not a expert by any means but i do have alittle experience with the G34, dont hesitate to ask or send me a email. i didnt have anyone to help me with my mods so iam glad i can help you.

FYI, My gun has made weight at 3 or 4 major matches with Sevigny Sights, A Glockworx light striker (along with other GW stuff except the trigger bar), Grip Tape & a Tungsten Guide rod & 13lb spring.

While I do agree that you better make 100% sure that your gun will make weight, to make a blanket statement about it not being able to make weight with a certain part without first hand experience is wrong on a few levels.

Edited by spanky

Weight depends on the set up and parts used. Adjustable sights weigh a fraction more than fixed sights. For example, on my G34...with Trugrip, captive stainless rod, 13# ISMI spring, Dawson adjustable rear and FO front sight and Vanek classic trigger...if I ad a Jentra plug I am AT max weight to the exact tenth of an ounce. Drop the Jentra I have .2 oz. breathing room.

:cheers:

Curtis

Edited: 'cause I hate tipos typos!

Edited by BayouSlide

you are right but on the other hand your making out to be i said something crazy and out of hand. but i guess you have never been close to being wrong. take it for what it is.

I sincerely apologize if you took my post for anything more than informative. I did not mean to come off that way at all but I suppose, in hindsight, I see how it could be misconstrued.

I just wanted to point out that a 34 with sevigny sights, grip tape and a tungsten guide rod can (and does) make weight.

Edited by spanky

once again you are right but he wanted to add metal sights and maybe a thing or do more. i just wanted to make sure he knew that he could go over weight. i dont want this to turn out to some big debate i just wanted to help the guy out.

LOL, typo. Sorry, as stated in a previous post I meant to say "I just wanted to point out that a 34 with sevigny sights (which are metal), grip tape and a tungsten guide rod can (and does) make weight."

Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by spanky