Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness Large Frame Mag holders

JJH

I am looking for what others are using in IDPA for mag holders/pouches. I picked up a Bladetech doublestack mag pouch and my large frame mags only fit after a little time with the heat gun. They still don't fit quite right so I'm looking for a better solution. Do I need to buy mag pouches built for doublestack 1911's?

I am looking for what others are using in IDPA for mag holders/pouches. I picked up a Bladetech doublestack mag pouch and my large frame mags only fit after a little time with the heat gun. They still don't fit quite right so I'm looking for a better solution. Do I need to buy mag pouches built for doublestack 1911's?

I use double alpha mag pouches.

If you want to go cheap, Uncle Mike's double stack mag pouches work. You'll need to loosen the screw a bit.

A little pricier are the Blackhawk double stack mag pouches. I felt that that the draw out of these pouches were smoother, but they didn't feel as stable as the Uncle Mike's pouches on my belt. I think that I had the wrong belt size for the Blackhawk pouches.

On the high end are the Versa pouches that I currently run with. I don't know if they are IDPA legal. Out of the box, the Versa pouches and it's inserts don't quite fit Tanfoglio mags. You'll need to do a little bit of tweaking by inserting washers, or cut up some nylon as somebody else in this Forum has done.

I use double alpha mag pouches.

On that note, you have any idea if the DA holsters for the CZ SP01 work with the Tangfo, or CZ75B?

Bladetech SP01 holster is what I use and Speedsec magazine holsters for IDPA. They are withing the requirements for IDPA. you'll find them here:

http://www.cedhk.com/shop/categories/Holsters%2C-Belts%2C-%26-Accessories/Hoppner-%26-Schumann-Speedmag-5CW/

This holster is adjustable for any type of doublestack magazine. You set the tention that you like.

• 1 month later...

I bought a 9mm witness elite match recently that came with a Fobus paddle double mag pouch. the mags work just fine with it. I believe it is idpa legal, but I don't shoot idpa so I could be wrong. I can't find a model number on it to tell you though. I can post a picture if you're interested. heck, I don't need it, I can make you a deal on it if you want one bad.