Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Egw

Steve Anderson

Got my Caspian back from EGW this week, and they should change the shop name to WOW!

I had been whining to Flex the whole time they had it about how long it was taking and how nervous I was about my baby going under the knife...he assured me they were the best and I'd be fine.

I knew this, of course...but still I was crazy about it.

I called Joe at egw twice about the progress. "yes we have it, no it's not done yet" was the reply both times.

After the second time I called I remarked, "Joe, you say that like you want me stop calling."

A long pause followed by " We'll call you when it's done."

6 days later I got THE call.

I was in the Austin airport and my gun got home before I did...got home, opened the box and renewed my vows right then and there.

I sent 'er in for a new barrel and comp install, and got so much work done the detailed bill took two pages. I asked for a checkup (McLearn used gun of unknown rd ct) some trigger smoothing and whatever frame/slide work had to be done to get the barrel in.

And now:

Bank Vault

Gnat's Ass

Every other pg-13 thru nc-17 analogy for TIGHT you can imagine.

They blued every part above the frame, including the slide and the back of the extractor.

Welded up the frame and refit the slide.

Hell, there are work items on the bill I've never even heard of.

Doesn't bother a bit, neither does the bill.

My new egw gun is incredible.

Can't wait to re-work the load for the new comp. (Tomasie/McLearn design)

Many Thanks to TT for the recommendation and the introductions.

SA

Steve,

Glad to hear it. I've been dealing with EGW for almost two years now, they've done work on six of my guns, three of which were complete custom jobs. Sometimes they make you wait for awhile, but the worksmanship is out of this world, and George really knows his stuff.

EGW is great...

THey have done three custom guns. two open and a carry comp, plus some fixing and sprucing on two other guns...George, Jim and Joe are great..

I ususally have them put my name on the list as soon as one is done..because by then I usually have some wild hair for something by then..

Steve..post up some photos..always love seeing someone else's blaster...

• 2 weeks later...

George and the guys at EGW are great! I have been dealing with them for years after going through a couple less worthy gunsmiths. I will never forget opening the box that UPS dropped off with the first gun they built for me. It was perfect. :D

I took it out and shot it and shot it and shot it. It always works. I just wish less people knew about them so it didn't take so long to get work done. At least it is always worth the wait.

Bill Hearne