Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Latest S&w Shipment

Patrick Sweeney

The latest steamer trunk showed up from Springfield, MA. In it was a selection of toys for the latest book. An airweight .38 snubbie (442? I'll have to actually read the invoice) so light you could forget you had it one. A 7-shot Scandium/Titanium .357 magnum snubbie. And the monster 500. (And a bunch of pistols, but this is the Revolver section.)

The .38 is so damned light and compact I may have to give in and send S&W a check for it. (No, we don't get freebies. That laughter you heard was Duane.)

The .357 has a steel insert above the forcing cone, an obvious addition to prevent flame-cutting on the alloy frame.

The 500? Huge. I've got a pile of ammo for it, and an eager crew of volunteer shooters. I'm going to let them abuse themselves with it, and save me the recoil thumping. I'm also going to paste our demo popper with it. We retired an aged popper some years ago, and shot it with all the stuff you aren't supposed to. We bolted it up in the clubhouse for all to see. I'm going to add an "SW500" hole to the rest of the perforations and bolt it back up.

Right behind him was the next delivery truck, with a carton of AR parts. It's a dirty job......

Don't discount the 500 without trying it. I recently had a chance to shoot one and was surprised that the recoil was not as bad as the killer reports we have all heard. I can compare it to a 44 Mag with full loads with a 4" tube.

The one I shot was also very accurate. 25 yards 5 rounds silver dollar size group.

I can't wat to try the 4" version coming soon to a dealer near you :D

Regards,

Isn't there some sort of penalty for excessive celebration, gloating, taunting...oh yeah, that's football I'm thinking about.

A tough job, I don't envy you having to force yourself to test all those S&W toys.

;)

BTW: what sort of snubbie was in the trunk?

Have fun, and let us know how the new book is going.

• 2 weeks later...

:D:D:D Boy Howdy was that ever fun!!! Thanks a lot Pat for allowing us to help out with your "evaluation"...Man, am I ever in the wrong business. Let me get this straight...I get to shoot all these different guns, using THEIR ammo, and all I have to do is render an opinion??? Where do I sign?! I think we need to get GE on the horn and demo a couple of miniguns...Matter of fact, doesn't that Abrams need a onceover before our boys gotta use it in another theatre??? Keep me posted.

Barrettone B)