Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Porch Swamp Cooler

benos

Growing up in Southern California without AC, all we had was one evaporative cooler. They work remarkably well, everything considered.

There are professional and do-it-yourself systems that spray a fine mist in the air on patios and porches, which works well in a low humidity area. I've seen them in use and they can drop the ambient temp several degrees.

Also, there are systems that spray a fine mist onto the roof which can seriously reduce the heat load. Water collected in rain barrels can be the source with runoff from the roof going into the barrels and a low power pump is used to pump the water up to the misters. I experienced one of these systems in use in Mexico and it was remarkable.

Ihave a buddy with one of these units that he fills with beer and ice after work, and rolls it from the shop to his pool side. While I do not drink, I really like the cold air that thing pumps out. It is great!

JZ

Ihave a buddy with one of these units that he fills with beer and ice after work, and rolls it from the shop to his pool side. While I do not drink, I really like the cold air that thing pumps out. It is great!

JZ

He puts beer inside the cooler?

:huh: