Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Division?

Boeydafunk

Ok, so I just watched my first match tonight and will be heading of to shoot my first match in a few weeks. I am not a gun gamer at this point in my life, but see this sport as a way of polishing skills. I have a 24c, a 35, a 22c, and a 23. I want to shoot my 24c but was told that Ill have to shoot with the guys with the full race guns. If I shoot my 35 then I can run production, or limited ten or even limited correct? If Im following this then my best place to start is in L-10? More points for non a hits than production and the same ten rounds so I can at least gauge my speed with the production guys? My 35 is all stock.

DaFunk

If you shoot your glock 35, you get the extra benefit of major scoring (more points for hits that arent in the A zone)in either Limited or Limited-10. In limited, you will have less reloads and can worry about just hitting the targets, but you may be at a slight disadvantage gear wise.

In all reality, most people arent terribly competitive their first match anyway. first of all, be safe and 2nd of all have fun!!

In all divisions, you are really only competing aginst your own division. By shooting the 35 in L-10, you will be at a somewhat disadvantage to them, if yours is bone stock. Take a look at all the mods you can do to a limited gun. Your best bet, if you want to compete, and see where you would be against the production shooters, is in production. The playing field would be much more level there, than in L-10 or Limited. Besides, you may get more points for a non "A" hit in Limited or L-10, but in production, since all they score is minor, you can load way down and take alot of the recoil and flip out of your gun, therefore improving your shots, and shooting more "A"'s.....

Keep in mind, a "mike" is worth the same, in all divisions and in all power factors....

Edited by GrumpyOne

In all divisions, you are really only competing aginst your own division. By shooting the 35 in L-10, you will be at a somewhat disadvantage to them, if yours is bone stock. Take a look at all the mods you can do to a limited gun. Your best bet, if you want to compete, and see where you would be against the production shooters, is in production. The playing field would be much more level there, than in L-10 or Limited. Besides, you may get more points for a non "A" hit in Limited or L-10, but in production, since all they score is minor, you can load way down and take alot of the recoil and flip out of your gun, therefore improving your shots, and shooting more "A"'s.....

Keep in mind, a "mike" is worth the same, in all divisions and in all power factors....

Ditto.

Tim

valid point on downloading the 40 cal loads to something nice and soft (some people say its softer than a 9mm). Production does have some guns with plenty of modifications as well, but a stock glock will do just fine there as well.

I shoot factory ammo only. My gun will flip no matter what. All my guns are used as tools first, thus cutting down on the mods which can be added. Maby ill just try production and see how it goes. I was just exited about first off the scores being more, and second off, less people shooting that division where I shoot. I know that I am only competeing against those in my division, but as far as time is concerned if I shoot L10, Ill be able to see who shot what times in production and at least gauge my times

DaFUnk

Your magazine capacity will be be equal to those in production and you will get the added benefit of major scoring (assuming your factry ammo makes major, which i wuold think should be easy). Sign up for the match and have fun!! :cheers:

I shoot factory ammo only. My gun will flip no matter what. All my guns are used as tools first, thus cutting down on the mods which can be added. Maby ill just try production and see how it goes. I was just exited about first off the scores being more, and second off, less people shooting that division where I shoot. I know that I am only competeing against those in my division, but as far as time is concerned if I shoot L10, Ill be able to see who shot what times in production and at least gauge my times

DaFUnk

I had the same attitude you did about not modifying the gun, but that will change, most of the mods you do are improvements letting you shoot faster thus making it a better tool.

Cool, thanks guys. Anyplace I can pic up a more "competative" style holster and mag pouches.

DaFUnk

Go to shootersconnection.com and order a Bladetech DOH and some mag pouches. Make sure to register as a forum member and get special pricing! :cheers:

What ever... I can see how this eats up cash like crazy. I need this, I need that, blah blah blah. Its super adicting, and i have not even played yet. Ill just go shoot my 35 and see how it goes. Ill go shoot it with my serpa holster. Just need some mag pouches now.

DaFUnk

DaFUnk

What it boils down to is this: Do you want to be a big fish in a big pond (production)? Or a little fish in a big pond (Limited or L-10)?

Little fish are bait......

More new shooters start out in Production than any other division...The reason being is that they can be more competitive against their own...Starting out in Limited or L-10 may very well get you discouraged from shooting...

Now I'm not saying you are a novice shooter (far from it, as I have no clue as to your abilities), but, there are ALOT of big fish playing in the Limited pond, and the reason behind that is that most of them have moved up from production. Shooting Limited (for someones first match) is like jumping into the deep end of the pool, and only learning to dog paddle yesterday. My .02.....

The good thing with the 34 is it has most of the mods you need for production class except the fiber optic sight, which isn't mandatory. I started in production class with a G22 and added a fiber optic sight and the mods the 34 already has.

GrumpyOne is dead on, being last in Limited (not that you will be last but just for example) doesn't really show you anything, my vote is for production

Edited by Mattog22

I came in looking for advise and I think it would be foolish not to take that advise. Production it is. My stock 35 is gtg in that class right?

Actually, it's a Division, not a Class. Shooters are Classified by shooting Classifiers. Guns are Divided into Divisions. :)

Yes, a G35 is fine for Production, but you will be shooting significantly more powerful ammo than probably everybody else, which is a bit of a disadvantage. If I was shooting a stock Glock with .40 factory ammo, I'd shoot L-10. Not to say you're bad, but for the first few matches, stage times really won't mean anything. Take your best stage at your first match and someone will probably do it with better points in a quarter of the time (or less)....just be safe, watch what's going on and have fun! R,

I came in looking for advise and I think it would be foolish not to take that advise. Production it is. My stock 35 is gtg in that class right?

Actually, it's a Division, not a Class. Shooters are Classified by shooting Classifiers. Guns are Divided into Divisions. :)

Yes, a G35 is fine for Production, but you will be shooting significantly more powerful ammo than probably everybody else, which is a bit of a disadvantage. If I was shooting a stock Glock with .40 factory ammo, I'd shoot L-10. Not to say you're bad, but for the first few matches, stage times really won't mean anything. Take your best stage at your first match and someone will probably do it with better points in a quarter of the time (or less)....just be safe, watch what's going on and have fun! R,

Well said, Bart!