Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9 mayor

edu jimenez

Theoreticaly they can be tuned not to need them, however I have had much better luck using spacers. I like metal spacers, either the H. Smith or Joey Hardy ones avaliable from Shooter's Connection (not sure if Chuck will ship to Spain though) with a Grams spring and follower (I think they are FSK 13 or 11).

The plastic spacers seem to work ok but the mags set up that way seem to be a bit stickier to me, not quite as smooth as with the mags set up with the metal spacers.

If your barrel is throated to allow longer ammo, you could do what I do. I load to OAL of 1.195". This ammo works just fine in my Brazos tuned STI magazines and both tuned and untuned SVI magazines. You will be limited in the bullets you can use. I use 124 gr Montana Gold JHP's.

This also distinguishes my Minor loads (1.155" OAL) from the longer Major loads.

Bill

I have both the metal and the Arrendondo plastic spacers, they both work well but I prefer the Arrendondo's. The plastic are easy to glue in to the mag and being lighter they are less likely to come loose from being dropped. I think the plastic also has a lubricity that makes them slicker.

Tim

Hello: I have used both and both work well. I don't glue them in since sand can get stuck in there and it also makes them easier to clean. The Arredondo's do get worn over time but a little polishing and waxing works great. I have also welded in the metal spacers as well but again it is easier if you remove the spacer to clean the mag,spacer etc. Thanks, Eric

Eduardo: Solo tienes que colocar el suplemento de Arredondo y el kit de resorte y elevador Arredondo, de esa forma funcionaran los cargadores cortos y el largo sin ningún problema.

Eduardo: You only have to use the arredondo´s suplement,and arredondo´s elevator and resort kit. In that way, both short and long magazzines will work with no problem.