Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kansas Sectional August 21-22

Thought I would let everyone know that we have the Kansas Sectional match scheduled for August 21-22. The match will be held at the Mill Creek Rifle Club in Desoto, Kansas. It will consist of eight stages with an Old West/Kansas cowtowns theme, with approximately 200 rounds. The match proceeds will be used to purchase a complete steel challenge set and a trailer that we can take around the state as a portable steel match. I have attached a match application for anyone who wants to attend. I'll try to have the stages up in a couple days. We're also in the process of setting up a section web site at www.kssection.org but it is not quite ready yet.

This match weekend is the same as Minnesota and Illinois. That was not intentional but due to late scheduling with the host club. We will work with anyone who wishes to attend one or both of these other matches. Most competitors will shoot on Sunday. All staff will shoot on Saturday, along with any competitors who need to be elsewhere during the main match day. Go ahead and make a full Midwest match weekend and shoot all three!

Scott Hattrup

KS Section Coordinator

section_entry_form.doc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

looks like I will be able to make this and looking forward to it

Look forward to meeting you, I will be one of the ROs, the long haired one. lol It looks like it will be a fun match.

Joe W.

Planning on shooting sat with staff and working as well on sunday.

While I have been match director of 2 Indiana Sections and 2 Indiana SS/Prod matches I have nor RO them. Well I did RO some at the IN Section so this will give me another level II to do the CRO course. Looking forward to seeing what Scott has got planned and being able to just shoot a section match instead of putting one on

While I have been match director of 2 Indiana Sections and 2 Indiana SS/Prod matches I have nor RO them. Well I did RO some at the IN Section so this will give me another level II to do the CRO course. Looking forward to seeing what Scott has got planned and being able to just shoot a section match instead of putting one on

We will be shooting at The Bullet Hole Friday night and I plan on setting up two stages including some of the target arrays that will be seen at the Sectional. Although I am not setting up for the Sectional I will be busting my butt before the match. lol Like you, I am using this as one of my Level II matches towards my CRO, the second will be the Production Championships in Tulsa in October.

Joe W.

We will be shooting at The Bullet Hole Friday night and I plan on setting up two stages including some of the target arrays that will be seen at the Sectional. Although I am not setting up for the Sectional I will be busting my butt before the match. lol Like you, I am using this as one of my Level II matches towards my CRO, the second will be the Production Championships in Tulsa in October.

Joe W.

I forgot about the bullet hole on friday, need to load some more ammo!!

I forgot about the bullet hole on friday, need to load some more ammo!!

Yeah, two stages and you can reshoot them as many times as you want as long as we are done by 8:45p. You should be able to run through at least two times, maybe three. The stages average 25 to 32 rounds each, be ready to do a lot of shooting that weekend. :cheers:

Joe W.

I also meant to ask what is the entry since obviously it will not be post marked by the 1st?

I talked with Scott at A3 and he will be WAIVING the late fee on this due to the late announcement and our need for shooters in this match. You will see that registration has been updated and we currently have 32 shooters but it would be nice to have 30 more. Get your entries in and let's make this a fun match. I'll also be spreading the word at the two local matches this weekend.

I also meant to ask what is the entry since obviously it will not be post marked by the 1st?

I talked with Scott at A3 and he will be WAIVING the late fee on this due to the late announcement and our need for shooters in this match. You will see that registration has been updated and we currently have 32 shooters but it would be nice to have 30 more. Get your entries in and let's make this a fun match. I'll also be spreading the word at the two local matches this weekend.

I'm only waiving the late fee for people who sign up in time for us to get the registrations into the scoring software by the match. That means you either need to hand it to me this weekend, or mail me something so that I have it in hand by Wednesday. I am not waiving late fees for people who show up on match day and want to shoot.