Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best STI Edge?

Marv Z

First time at the range, only got to put 150 rounds thru it. Inital impressions are all good. Very accurate, at one point I ran 4 ten round groups freestyle at a NRA timed/rapid fire target at 25 yds. All rounds were in the black with 50% in the 8-10 rings. Minor site adjustment was required, about 3 clicks up and two right. Excellent trigger with very light pull and very clean break. It just feels right in my hands. I can see a very long relationship with this one!! Excellent gun and would highly recommend Brazo's.

post-21145-043183100 1281016218_thumb.jp

post-21145-022266500 1281016237_thumb.jp

Hi Marv - that's agreat gun from Brazos - I'm thinking of picking one up too. From the first picture you posted, it looks like the frame of the gun has a matte finish while the slide is polished. Is that correct? Or was is just the lighting in that pic?

Hi Marv - that's agreat gun from Brazos - I'm thinking of picking one up too. From the first picture you posted, it looks like the frame of the gun has a matte finish while the slide is polished. Is that correct? Or was is just the lighting in that pic?

I haven't owned one of the enhanced edges but on all of the semi-custom and custom pistols I've received from Bob, he usually goes with a vertical brushed finish on the frame flats and a horizontal brushed finish on the slide flats. Matte finish on the top of the slide and the bottom of the frame.

post-25146-082595100 1281100990_thumb.jpI finally have a reason to add to the forum. I recieved a couple of weeks ago what amounts to a custom Edge built by Gary Natale at Gans Enterprises. I sent off an Edge slide bought off of the classifieds, a frame won at a shoot and a fist full of parts and in a little over a week had back the sweetest Edge I have handled. Ran it in a local club match and it worked flawlessly. Gary did the slide lightening, assembly and tuning and sent me back the finished product. I'm going to shoot it in then send it off for a hard chrome treatment. I had heard about the quality and speed of his work and every word was true.

post-25146-082595100 1281100990_thumb.jpI finally have a reason to add to the forum. I recieved a couple of weeks ago what amounts to a custom Edge built by Gary Natale at Gans Enterprises. I sent off an Edge slide bought off of the classifieds, a frame won at a shoot and a fist full of parts and in a little over a week had back the sweetest Edge I have handled. Ran it in a local club match and it worked flawlessly. Gary did the slide lightening, assembly and tuning and sent me back the finished product. I'm going to shoot it in then send it off for a hard chrome treatment. I had heard about the quality and speed of his work and every word was true.

Gary just put together my STI based open gun which started out as an STI frame/slide and a box of parts. The gun is very well fitted and runs flawslessly. Turnaround time was real quick too. I would consider him if I were looking to have another Limited gun built (which may be soon)....