Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Your Opinion On The G29

Justin Lewis

10mm has damned impressive ballistics if you can handle it. Factory ammo is incredibly expensive. I considered a G29 but its extra size and my confidence shooting Glocks of another caliber ultimately led me to get something else.

I assume you want this primarily for concealed carry, not competition or informal target shooting.

I recall the two most unpleasant Glocks I have ever shot are the Glock 33 and 29. IMO if you want a carry gun there is no better than the Glock 23. The .40 is a proven fight stopper. 14 rounds of 180gr. Ranger Talons should be enough, if not throw the gun and run.

I've never shot the G29 but the 20 (full size 10mm) was not as pleasant to shoot as the 21 (same size only in 45acp). If you like the size of the 29 then the 30 would be a good choice for you (that's my CCW gun). Or you can always try the 23 Joe D recommended.

1st Commandment: HAVE A GUN!

I love my G29. I find the hotter the load the easier it is to shoot. The slide seems to snap back and forth vs muzzle flip up on the slower loads.

I love carrying the g29 in the summer with a 15 rd hi cap extra mag .

during the winter I carry the G20.

see if you can rent one and Go shoot it at a range with some different loads.

• 2 weeks later...

Have carried the 20 and 29 extensively. Both are great guns. Personally I have never understood what people were talking about when they mention the recoil of 10mm. It has just never seemed to be much at all, even when loaded hot.

I prefer the 29 with a trimmed grip, but that is personal preference. Load it with anything Mike McNett at DoubleTapammo sells and you will be find wherever you go, whatever you do:)