Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster for glock 34

wallyartis

This is not an answer to your question but years ago, that would not have been a legal idpa holster. The rule used to say(not sure what it says now, haven't shot idpa in a few years) something along the lines of the holster must be attached to the belt or something like that. It made paddle holsters not legal. Hopefully by now, Bill has corrected that rule but by the letter of the rules, that one used to not be legal. Local matches accepted a paddle holster around here but not sure about major matches. You might check into that rule before you buy.

I've always liked uncle mike's gear. Decent products for a very reasonable price.

Good luck,

MLM

The uncle Mikes belt holster is specifically not allowed in the IDPA rule book due to offset. They say it sits too far from the body.

The paddle version is legal.

Thanks, I think they also sell a version for belts. It's on their website but you cant buy anything off their website right now, i think they are doing an update.

http://www.uncle-mikes.com/products/kydex_belt_holsters.html

The uncle Mikes belt holster is specifically not allowed in the IDPA rule book due to offset. They say it sits too far from the body.

Thanks, I think they also sell a version for belts. It's on their website but you cant buy anything off their website right now, i think they are doing an update.

Thank you, I was posting from a friends account since he referred me to this website(just got home and registered my own). I am looking at some options now. Any opinions are more than welcome.

Hello: I like the Comp-Tac holsters for IDPA and USPSA. I use them for my Glock 34 and 19. I like the belt holster but the locking paddle is nice as well. I have used the belt holster and paddle for my 1911's in IDPA. If you are going to get just one I would get the belt holster since it will work for IDPA and USPSA and even carry. I like the Comp-Tac mag holders with the Tek-Lok for IDPA since they are easy to remove without taking your belt loose :surprise: They also sit a little further away from the body which helps. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

The paddle version is GTG, as stated, but it was the belt version that wasn't. It can be made compliant by heating the belt fender and mashing it down.

On the Comp tac website what do they mean by G34 W/Rail and W/o rail?

Are they talking about if I have something attached to my rail? I'm assuming I would order the one without the rail.

Hopefully this is not too late, but they are talking about whether you have a rail - the earlier glocks don't have a light rail - not whether anything is attached to it. Generally if a holster maker is selling a holster to be used with rail mounted accessories they will specify the brand and model of light since they are all different shapes and generally require different holsters.

Are they talking about if I have something attached to my rail? I'm assuming I would order the one without the rail.

Hopefully this is not too late, but they are talking about whether you have a rail - the earlier glocks don't have a light rail - not whether anything is attached to it. Generally if a holster maker is selling a holster to be used with rail mounted accessories they will specify the brand and model of light since they are all different shapes and generally require different holsters.

Thanks, but its not a big deal. I ended up buying a holster from a fellow forum member. Should get here on friday.

If everything goes as planned I'll be doing my first competition this saturday. How many rounds do you generally go through for a regular IDPA match?

From what I've read it looks like I'll just bring 250 just in case.

Edited by Silenceisgolden

Thanks, but its not a big deal. I ended up buying a holster from a fellow forum member. Should get here on friday.

If everything goes as planned I'll be doing my first competition this saturday. How many rounds do you generally go through for a regular IDPA match?

From what I've read it looks like I'll just bring 250 just in case.

How many stages ? 250 should be plenty. 18 required shots per stage are the max, the rest depends on how many you need to make up or extras that you shoot.