Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production shooting for skinny guys...

So, I've decided to start shooting Production after shooting Limited for the past few months as my first competitive shooting sport (I shoot minor, S&W M&P Pro 9mm). Until now, I've just used a Tactical Tailor Double mag pouch which has been plenty of ammo since I have 17 & 22rd mags, and both mags right at my hipbone.

Moving on to Production, I've got a bit of a problem. I bought a CR Speed belt and Versa single pouches (3x). The problem is, I don't have a lot of "real estate" on my belt from hipbone back. I'm a size 30" waist (on a fat day) and would like to add a 4th pouch but that would literally be to my spine, which is a bit of a reach. Maybe I really don't need that 4th mag, but I'd feel a bit more comfortable with it at this point in my shooting...

Any advice? (I hope this is the best place to post this question)

Thanks

Hey Levi, I have a similar problem. I have the same mag pouches and run 4 of them. The forth is more for the "just in case"..if i drop a mag during a reload or have a problem where I need to drop a mag. What I normally do is have 4 loaded mags on my belt and 1 in my pocket...ill load with the one in my pocket..that way even if i run into a problem I dont have to resort to the mag on my back.

Put the 4th mag pouch on realizing it will be the last mag used. Start with a mag out of your front pocket with 11 it in (where you can start "up-loaded") and that will give you 51 rounds on you. You probably won't have to get to the last mag but it will be there if you need it.

Try the Ready Tactical mag pouches. They will put the pouches closer together for you. I believe Chris Patty and skdtactical both sell them.

Beat me to the punch. Ready tacticals are great! Cheap, slick and take up less room than any other pouch.

+100000 on ready tacticals! :cheers:

Try the Ready Tactical mag pouches. They will put the pouches closer together for you. I believe Chris Patty and skdtactical both sell them.

+1

I've fattened up to a 32" waist :sick: and I can get 5 Ready Tacticals on the belt without them being to my spine. R,

I'm yet another Ready-Tac fan, with four on my belt. I have a fifth pouch at my spine. It's an old Safariland pouch that I reversed the hanger on so that the pouch is above the belt and steeply canted to the weak hand side. The proper orientation of the magazine in the pouch will be bullets down and pointing left, base pad up and pointing left. I've never had to use it, but if the other pouches are empty, the natural sweep of my hand brings it to the fifth pouch, with the mag draw motion not being up as it is for the Ready-Tacs, but to the left to naturally to come back around the body. I can also use the draw from this pouch for some of the empty gun starts that show up once in a while.

Ready tactical all the way. i'm a skinny guy too and 5 of them fit very close together. You'll find they're loose on a CR-speed belt but just use Sarge's patented method for securing - works great. if you get them just shoot sarge an email and he will fix you up. Really like the ready tactical stuff. Reasonably priced and ships very fast through skd tactical: My link