Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA monthly match at Circleville, Ohio

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys should download that new Android IPSC scoring app I've been talking about on here lately. We had 4 guys on our squad that I was entering data for, and I could tell you who won (between us 4) by the time the last shot was fired.

Now THAT is what I'd call "fast stats". :)

You guys should download that new Android IPSC scoring app I've been talking about on here lately. We had 4 guys on our squad that I was entering data for, and I could tell you who won (between us 4) by the time the last shot was fired.

Now THAT is what I'd call "fast stats". :)

Uhh, don't I need an Android for that? :unsure:

Scores are up on USPSA under Local Matches OH07.

Jason puts on a great match, and with Chad & Kyle's help did so again yesterday. The weather was awesome, and the stages were very challenging. Always good to see as many shooters as we had yesterday. I think the total count was 57. It was a good time to say the least. I'm glad Kyle and his crew were able to come to Roosters afterwards. It's always fun to talk about the match with a bunch of friends, and some cold beer.

Thanks to everyone who worked hard to make this another great Circleville match.

:cheers:

Thanks for the great match and challenging stages. It's no wonder that this match is so well attended. One thing I've noticed while shooting at PCSI is the constant upgrading of the ranges. Everything like limestone on the bays, new shelters, new targets, steps, etc. kind of makes you feel good about paying to shoot there since the money obviously goes into improving the facility. Thanks to all involved.

Stop telling me about the great match I missed. :( I was ready to go when my presense was requested at work and with my work schedule the only other USPSA event I'm off for is the Nov. match. I shoot IDPA at PCSI on a regular basis, but the USPSA matchs are almost always on the weekends I have to work.

I just got my USPSA card and info in the mail the other day and was looking forward to shooting @ PCSI so that I can eventually get classified. Looks like Rayner's on the 18th will be my only other USPSA event so far this year. See you there mscott. :)

Jason, Flex and EVERYONE that it takes to put on the matches that you guys put on... THANK YOU!!!! Worth the 2.5hr drive we had..

Definitely worth the drive down. Looking forward to making another match, or two, or three this year.

Fifty-seven shooters is the most we've had on-range since the OH Sectional/IPSC National match last October. Lots of energy on the range yesterday. It was good to see all the new faces; hope to see you back soon! If you enjoyed this match, please DO feel obligated to arrive early and help with set up next month (we're even happier to see you then).

Notable for their absence were several of our regular Law Enforcement shooters -- diverted from recreation by mandatory OT for the holiday. Know that you were missed; thanks for what you do.

Special congratulations to Officer R. G. on the "new shooter" due to join his family in January :D.

Edited by FranDoc

Great match. I had my doubts when we arrived( all the short courses), but it worked out well(Oh me of little faith). Thanks Jason, kyle, Chris, and company, I do not say it enough. :cheers:

On a side note: Hunter and I went to Roosters, and got a table, and waited for an hour, and a half. NO SHOOTERS! We finally asked the waitress, is there a other Roosters in the area. She said "yes" there is one on the otherside of Circleville. Since we were sitting in Lancaster, It was probably going to be a long time before Kyle and company were going to show. Sorry guys, my brain was cooked by the heat, and stage ananlizing. See you next month.----JWB

Great match. I had my doubts when we arrived( all the short courses), but it worked out well(Oh me of little faith). Thanks Jason, kyle, Chris, and company, I do not say it enough. :cheers:

On a side note: Hunter and I went to Roosters, and got a table, and waited for an hour, and a half. NO SHOOTERS! We finally asked the waitress, is there a other Roosters in the area. She said "yes" there is one on the otherside of Circleville. Since we were sitting in Lancaster, It was probably going to be a long time before Kyle and company were going to show. Sorry guys, my brain was cooked by the heat, and stage ananlizing. See you next month.----JWB

Lancaster! :surprise::roflol:

Always a pleasure seeing you sir. :cheers:

Jason, Flex and EVERYONE that it takes to put on the matches that you guys put on... THANK YOU!!!! Worth the 2.5hr drive we had..

Definitely worth the drive down. Looking forward to making another match, or two, or three this year.

Tack on the extra hour fifteen each way for me and it was still worth the drive(s)! Despite the fact that I shot like it was the first time I ever picked up a gun most of the day I at least managed one smoking stage, Diablo I. I then managed to get back into what had been my normal groove of the day and tank the snot out of D II and III and then follow that up with a MASSIVE problem right out of the gate on our last stage, Y Way and never even fired a shot...

Maybe there is something to the Southern Ohio gun jinx... :ph34r:

Again, thanks to everyone involved in putting on the match. It's easy to tell that a ton of time and effort goes into everything. The match ran really smooth from registration to tear down and it's appreciated! :cheers: You guys/gals should think about holding a Section match sometime! :P

Difficult match Saturday. I need lots of practice with distance shooting. Something I haven't really explored I suppose. Had two good stages out of 8, which means Conrad did in fact kick my butt. It's on the internet now, it has to be true.

Good shooting with you Sarge. We had a fun squad today.

I need lots of practice with distance shooting. Something I haven't really explored I suppose.

I recall Jerry Miculek saying that he doesn't think of it as distance, just bigger or smaller targets.

Makes a good bit of sense, since we don't really have to worry about ballistics much.

I need lots of practice with distance shooting. Something I haven't really explored I suppose.

I recall Jerry Miculek saying that he doesn't think of it as distance, just bigger or smaller targets.

Makes a good bit of sense, since we don't really have to worry about ballistics much.

Sometimes I'm just not sure what I'm aiming for. Do I shoot dead center in the plate, do I go low or do I go high. I know it's all dependent on the gun and sights. Any advice would help.

I can see the point of thinking about it as just a smaller target though and up close that doesn't seem to be in my head...

Sometimes I'm just not sure what I'm aiming for. Do I shoot dead center in the plate, do I go low or do I go high. I know it's all dependent on the gun and sights. Any advice would help.

Only you can answer that question. Get out to the range more. Discover for yourself where you need to aim. Maybe at 25yrds you need to aim low, and at 15yrds you aim dead center of the plate. I can't tell you that ..... only YOU can figure that out for you. Take lots of notes the next time you go to the range. Don't be afraid to write more than you shoot. Just be sure to walk away with a better understanding of what it takes to shoot an Alpha or a small plate at 25yrds.

Rule 1 ... Bring stuff that works.

Very soon after that...

Another single digit rule is to "know your zero...at every likely distance".

Go here, http://www.mytargets.com/

Print out the "basic grid, grey scale".

Make a bunch of copies. (In fact, get a 3-ring binder and start filling that up as your range journal!)

Start at 5y and shoot a group. (Whatever it takes for you to get a group together...be that 3 shots or 10).

Note you hold on that target. Record that on the target and store it in your range journal.

With a fresh target, repeat at 10y. Shoot enough to get a good group. Don't go varying your point of aim. Keep that consistent, then compare it with your point of impact after you have finished. Record and store.

Then fresh again at 15y...then again in 5y increments...to as far as you can manage.