Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ISMI 13lb recoil spring range report (G34)

G34 CORDY

Razz..when i first put the 13lb spring in my G34 I left the standard glock striker spring in my gun and it functioned just fine....now I put the reduced power striker spring and had light strikes all day...I'm gonna look at the new jäger striker and see if it helps or if I need to put the factory spring back in...hope this helps a little

now I put the reduced power striker spring and had light strikes all day..

What sort of primers are you using? In the recent dark days when I couldn't get the primers I preferred, I did indeed put a stock firing pin spring in my Glock to ensure ignition reliability. Now that I can again get my preferred Federals I've gone back to the Wolff reduced power firing pin spring and the ammo lights off 100 percent. It works just fine with the Winchester primers in my Black Hills carry ammo, as well.

A quick note about the 11 lb spring... Don't forget that the lighter springs will compress a bit quicker than the heavier ones therefore (and just to be on the safe side), it may be recommended that you replace these a bit more often.

Yes I know I have a couple of the 11's and at 7 dollars a piece its very cheap even if I have to change them out every 6 months to a year. I have been shooting my CZ Shadow so the Glock 34 has been put away and only shoot it at the range every now and then, the CZ is my primary competition gun and man is that sweet!

Oh yes, CZ certainly makes a fine gun! I ran one for a while and liked it but I have since decided to stuff it back in the safe and return to shooting a Glock. There was nothing wrong with the CZ other than the fact that it is one heavy piece of equipment. Who knows, maybe one day I'll dig the CZ out again and fall in love with it. For now, I'm back to shooting my "plastic fantastic"! :D

I know what you mean about it being alittle heavy but I personally like its heft it makes the gun recoil very soft. It took alittle getting use to but now its my true love lol. I have the Shadow Custom and its just one amazing pistola. I still like my G34 but Iam more accurate with the CZ and its more comfortable in my hand. My wife likes shooting the Glock just because its not as heavy she is only 4'11. Nothing wrong with the Glock just the CZ seems to me a better comp gun.

Edited by G34 CORDY

Hello: The CZ Shadow is a good pistol but it was too heavy for me and I could not get used to the DA/SA trigger. Mine was very accurate as well. I wish they made one with no rail on the frame. I will stick with the Glocks for now and want to try the new STI next. Thanks, Eric

I had to get use to the da/sa pull but it didnt take long, my da pull is really nice and the single action pull is about 2lbs with no creep almost like a tuned 1911 trigger. The weight I had to get use to but now I dont notice it and it helps with recoil, its the softest 9mm gun I have personally shot. I wont be going back to Glock not that I dont like it the CZ is just a more refined gun it feels like a nice 1911 gun in production. The rail isnt my favorite thing but most guns do have a rail Glock included. The all metal guns for me now on lol. I would like to shoot a Shadow with a short dust cover to see the difference but I like the full dust cover for the weight up from to help with the muzzle rise. But the short dust cover looks great also. :D

Edited by G34 CORDY

I had to get use to the da/sa pull but it didnt take long, my da pull is really nice and the single action pull is about 2lbs with no creep almost like a tuned 1911 trigger. The weight I had to get use to but now I dont notice it and it helps with recoil, its the softest 9mm gun I have personally shot. I wont be going back to Glock not that I dont like it the CZ is just a more refined gun it feels like a nice 1911 gun in production. The rail isnt my favorite thing but most guns do have a rail Glock included. The all metal guns for me now on lol. I would like to shoot a Shadow with a short dust cover to see the difference but I like the full dust cover for the weight up from to help with the muzzle rise. But the short dust cover looks great also. :D

Will you now be CZ CORDY?