Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blast Shield?

shooter995

My opinion, if you have a C-More that is mounted in the upright position using an Alchin, Dawson, etc. mount you should be using a blast shield. They help keep all sorts of powder and oil muck muck off the lens.

Cheers,

Pat

It really depends on how the gun is set up and your ammo. I have two guns that are the same overall length, same mount in the same position, but have different comps and different slide lightening treatments. On one the blast shield gets a pretty good dose of residue on it, the other gets virtually none. It certainly won't hurt anything, and they're light enough that it shouldn't make any difference in how the gun feels to you. R,

I have one on each of my 4.5 inch guns because they really coat the lens with crud without the shield. Even with the shield, I have to clean the glass frequently if the sun angle is low.

On my 5-inch gun, I never had one because I didn't need it.

The bottom line is that if you're lens is getting dirty then install a shield. If not, there's no need.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello: With a Tru Bor in stcok form you should not need it. Add some lightening holes and such and you will need it. Or just use a Quinn II mount and only get a little oil on it if you oil it up good(I do :roflol: ) Thanks, Eric

it gets carbon everywhere! it wasn't one with an sti mount with the blast shield so I like the shooters connection one