Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Position of reloader on bench

My 650 is more to the right, with a little room for work. It works out better for me being right handed. The left side is for the scales and other "stuff" including my single stage loader.

I centered mine. From left to right on the bench I have, primers and tubes, then bullets, then 550, then brass, then one shot with ziploc bag. I have a shelf behind the press with from left to right, scale, tool stand, calipers, radio, canned air.

As mentioned, tons of light. I load standing as well.

Sarge, your setup sounds exactly like mine.

Us 550 loaders have to stick together! :cheers:

Edited by GrumpyOne

Hi

Because we have two 550s we mounted the 550s to 3/4 inch plywood; drilled holes into the counter top and used t-bolts to hold the unit in place. this way we can also take the units on their plywood to the range to chrono the ammo as we reload. you could do the same even if you have one. See previous posting for pictures.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5485&st=875&p=1043003&fromsearch=1entry1043003

TnJ

You are probably better off picking one end or the other to maximize the contiguous work area remaining. Just figure that you are probably going to want bullets handy to the left of the press and room for empty brass and completed bullets to the right.

+1.

be

15 inch's on both side of the press is plenty. Even less if you have a strong mount and the bullet holder and shell holder because you don't have the empty cases on the bench to the right and the bullets on the left. I put mine dead center on a 32" inch bench set at 45". Then I don't need a strong mount but I do need that room on the L/R. I mount my Dillon Beam scale at eyelevel just to the left of the press on the wall.

DSC_3316.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I've always liked the idea of being able to move the press around to make room for a second press (Brian expect an order next week!), swager, whatever, so I made my bench modular. The photo shows a standard woodworking bench I built with dog holes in the top. Whenever I want room to use the bench to clean my guns, etc, I simply unbolt the press and set it aside. You may want to consider a clamping system or something similar to figure out what YOU like best about the press' bench position before committing to drilling holes and making it permanent.

IMG_0031-1.jpg