Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rant's And Re-rants!

PaulW

The Hate forum was created and is intended as a place to vent or rant, period. And while general or support-related comments are not prohibited, rebuttals specifically are. Meaning: If you don't agree with someone's rant - please keep it to yourself.

Thanks!

be

Oh, one last comment - as posted in the "Everyone please read, rules" -

This forum was not created or intended as a place to discuss or debate political issues of any kind - either IPSC, USPSA, or governmental. (Including Hate rants.)

I hated reading the above message where we are prohibited to counter rant a rant or have a discussion about a rant. So if we disagree with a rant, then we must start our own TOPIC in order to voice our re-rant of a rant?? Whatever!!

Paul,

Although the rules are a bit unusual for this forum - I feel it works. Due to the nature of the forum, often, an honest venting degrades into a pathetic, name-calling waste of space.

I feel there is a time when everyone may benefit from a well-thought-out, expressed "disagreement." But more importantly, ever notice how, if, for whatever reason, you can't argue with somebody, you process what you heard differently?

be

Brian

Maybe the moderators could start locking the original posts to keep others from involving themselves in someone else's rants.(not sure if that was spelled right but you get the idea) You could leave the flame wars open for those that wish to vent in a communal atmosphere. I've seen this done on another forum that had a section for people to vent in. Just an idea.

BE,

BUT< BUT< BUT, I know, I know......... :D

It's your forum, and your rules, and I respect that. I just feel that if we can have a civil debate/disscussion, whats wrong with that? Maybe we can make it where if the person does not want any replies, just wants to vent, then have him or her put "CLOSED" at the end of their post?

"...There is comfort in knowing you are not alone and there is education in seeing another viewpoint."
The last time I said something like that, someone on this Forum wanted to have my baby. (Good trick if you can do it.) :lol:

(Sorry... you had to have been there.)