Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Courteous Drivers

Modoc

On my way in to work this morning :angry2: on my usual route and had a good/funny incident. The interchange has a series of merging ramps which can be a bit of a booger during crunch time. Well, light traffic this morning and as I am coming into the second merge of 3, a lady in a mini-van is coming into the merge also. She is on the higher/steeper leg, so I slow a hair to let her in in-front of me and she does the same thing at the same time :surprise: . She then gives me the wave ahead, so I take it and wave politely back. It felt nice to encounter a pleasant and courteous fellow driver for a change. It also made a great pick-me-up for a so-so day.

On my way in to work this morning :angry2: on my usual route and had a good/funny incident. The interchange has a series of merging ramps which can be a bit of a booger during crunch time. Well, light traffic this morning and as I am coming into the second merge of 3, a lady in a mini-van is coming into the merge also. She is on the higher/steeper leg, so I slow a hair to let her in in-front of me and she does the same thing at the same time :surprise: . She then gives me the wave ahead, so I take it and wave politely back. It felt nice to encounter a pleasant and courteous fellow driver for a change. It also made a great pick-me-up for a so-so day.

Good stuff.

Every night when me and Mr. Tucker (my dog) are on our evening walk, we cross one particular intersection with a crosswalk. The road gets lots of cut-through traffic - everyone's speeding their way home from work. Most drivers speed up to the stop sign, then speed on through, pretending they don't see us. But occasionally, as we're standing waiting at the edge of the crosswalk, a courteous driver (not on their cell phone or in a speed frenzy) will wave us across. I always return a smile and wave. Makes me happy to know there are a few courteous, attentive sorts out there.

be