Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

5th Sunday SS/Production Match at BGSL, Wilmore, KY 5.30.10.

The Blue Grass Sportsman League http://www.bgslinc.com/index.php is having their 5th Sunday SS/Production Match match this Sunday.

Match registration will be open from 9:00 AM until 10:00 AM at the shelter at the pistol pits. New shooter registration will be open from 8:45 AM until 9:30 AM. The shoot starts at 10:30 AM.

New shooters must be there no later than 9:00 AM for the new shooter check.

If you are a member you will need to use your gate card to open the gate.

If you are not a BGSL member, simply use the key pad at the gate to call the number displayed on the sign for Pistol (006) and whoever has the Pistol phone will use it to remotely open the gate after you state that you are there for the 5th Sunday SS/Production match.

The Pistol phone will be answered from 8:45 AM until 10:00 AM.

Do you guys run a second relay after the first for this match?

Not the 5th Sunday match, but we do for Steel Showdown and for the USPSA sanctioned match on the first Sunday of the month (all divisions)

Do you guys run a second relay after the first for this match?

The round count will be about 90 and will be stages from SS nationals.

After the match we'll be having a steel challenge type stage for bragging rights to help raise money for the berm improvements. The rules are simple, you shoot what you shot the match with and there will be 3 divisions: SS, Production, Revo. Entry fee will be 5$ per 5 string run and we'll throw out the slowest and add up the rest.

Do you guys have a match every Sunday? Do you let observers in to watch the match?

We always welcome spectators. Normally, the 1st Sunday is USPSA and the 4th Sunday is SASS. When you have a chance, check out our calendar. http://bgslinc.com/webcalendar/month.php

A.T.

Cool. I live in Florida, but have a vacation home in Clay City, Ky. I'm up here this week (memorial weekend) and would like to come watch. I haven't joined USPSA yet (I shoot in a local steel match back home, but it's not sanctioned and we kinda go by our own rules...) so I am really interested in getting started in USPSA. I have my SS with me, but only one 7 round magand an Uncle Mikes holster....

Cool. I live in Florida, but have a vacation home in Clay City, Ky. I'm up here this week (memorial weekend) and would like to come watch. I haven't joined USPSA yet (I shoot in a local steel match back home, but it's not sanctioned and we kinda go by our own rules...) so I am really interested in getting started in USPSA. I have my SS with me, but only one 7 round magand an Uncle Mikes holster....

Come on out, I can't shoot because I had a total right shoulder replacement last month. My Doctor said "No recoil for at least two months". Hell, I can't get an empty (no ammo) pistol up to eye level,.... yet. :(

Anyway, I have some Wilson mags, Blade-Tech pouches, and a Sting Ray holster if you want to use them.

Just let me know,

A.T.

No second run on this match. We will be having a fun steel stage after the match using Smoke and Hope as the stage to raise money for range improvements. Come on out and have some fun!

Edited by steel1212

Thanks everyone! I had a blast! Good stages, good people, whole lotta fun! I'll be sure to bring my gear next time I'm up here! And, thanks again AT, and everyone else who loaned me gear!

It was great meeting you. :cheers:

Hopefully, the next time you come to 'God's Country, I'll be back shooting.

A.T.