Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Elimination Of Limited 10

rmills

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may have missed it but why has no one mentioned how we turned our back on the single stack manufacturers with L-10. I brought this up, and Boudrie beat me down from his "bulley pulpit", back when L10 first came out.

Simple #'s. (these are not exact, but what I read a few years back in AH).

Colt (used to) produce about 100k guns a year.

Kimber (now maybe over) 100k

Springfield usually hovers around 75k

Para 50-70k

both the S_I companies around 5k.

The high cap companies must be tied to our sport at some very high levels, because L10 really looks like it was all about protecting them.

GLocks can compete in Production, and PAra and the S_I's in Limited or Open. But as folks keep pointing out, a Kimber, Colt, or Les BAer ain't the rig to have in L10. Yes you can do it, but you are ice skating up hill.

Kimber and Colt don't give our sport the time of day. And why should they?? Springfield supports us (and gets my money for their effort) but why should they???

I shoot high cap, and love Limited. I have skinny guns but you won't see me shooting them at an IPSC match unless everything else is broke.

Bottom line is L10 is not perfect; new shooters think it's for them, good shooters use it as a small pond to feel big in, and course design is still lazy at the local level, and lazy course design make L10 / Prod very robotic.

Newsflash: back to back arrays of three targets AIN'T ten round friendly.

This thread has seen its day. It didn't start with any other objective than to stir the pot (to justify a different position, Open 10)...and it hasn't taken any direction since.

I'm going to close this one. If any single idea in these four pages is worth discussing...feel free to start a seperate thread.