Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Mississippi 3-gun challenge

I've been thinking about this heavy metal stuff lately, but I can't even spell it. Can someone post a link to the heavy metal rules? I will probably be shooting the borrowed rifle, duck gun, 625 category of heavy metal.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6.6 Shotgun - Tactical Class

6.6.7 Tactical Shotguns may only hold 9 rounds max.

If your shotgun has a 9 rd tube thus capable of holding more than 9 rds, can you just load 8+1 or do you have to reconfigure the gun?

If your shotgun has a 9 rd tube thus capable of holding more than 9 rds, can you just load 8+1 or do you have to reconfigure the gun?

Your good, just load 9 in the gun, if you fudge up and load 10, and then shoot 10 you'll get bumped to open, and the RO's do count

Easy fix to that.

Plug it to hold 8 in the tube.

That does 2 things:

1 keeps you out of open

2 Keeps you from completely compressing the spring and making that last shell in the tube just a little easier to push up in there. ;)

Hop

I'd love to visit Mississippi w/ my M1A, but I got married the wrong time of the year. That's my 10 year anniversary weekend, and for some reason my wife would rather spend it in Vegas than MS.... What's wrong w/ her????

That will be a sight to see if you get 20 HM shooters. Can someone get me a picture of all the HM shooters w/ their rifles? :)

I'd love to visit Mississippi w/ my M1A, but I got married the wrong time of the year. That's my 10 year anniversary weekend, and for some reason my wife would rather spend it in Vegas than MS.... What's wrong w/ her????

Dude, I'm thinking the match is on the way to Vegas????? :D

Easy to plug, take a spent shell, and stick it on over the spring .... it will keep you from being able to put that extra shell in there since it already is.

That will be a sight to see if you get 20 HM shooters. Can someone get me a picture of all the HM shooters w/ their rifles? :)

Hell Bryan! If they get more than 10 I'll cut my hair!

Round count IF you put 2 per paper, and don't make up any shots !!! :sight:

Rifle 63

Pistol 78

Shot 64

Slugs 15

NO BUCKSHOT this year !!! ;)

8 stages (5 shot on Saturday, 3 on Sunday)

1 all 3 guns

3 with 2 guns

4 with 1 gun

So just being good with one or two guns won't cut it at this match !!!! :devil::devil::devil: ( insert Evil match director laugh)

Hopalong

4 moa targets and good contrast eh? What are you trying to do level the playing field or something?

Or is this just a teaser, yes you have 4 moa targets, but they are all shot from a sideways slit in a VTAC barricade mounted on springs and wheels??

4 moa targets and good contrast eh? What are you trying to do level the playing field or something?

Or is this just a teaser, yes you have 4 moa targets, but they are all shot from a sideways slit in a VTAC barricade mounted on springs and wheels??

Jeez, Mike! You really should know better than to give Sam evil ideas . . . he does just fine on his own. :devil:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 MS 3 Gun Statistician

Since we're a preview for Ft. Benning, and since they say HM is Irons, and we're going by their rules then it is Irons only for HM. (I've got to be able to get some kind of help against you "older" good shooters !!! :sight:

Range Master Miller and I had a good conversation last night about what we're challenging you nice people with this year. He likes every thing but the 150 yd slug shots !!!! :surprise::surprise::surprise:

I think we might bring them in an inch or two though.

Teaser: Polish Plate rack is returning !!!! :devil: (with friends) :cheers:

Hop

Why not shoot this one ? You're closer than several I know that are coming ! :sight:

and, the slugs at 150 were unsupported off the weak shoulder ! :devil:

HOP

and, the slugs at 150 were unsupported off the weak shoulder through a

sideways slit in a VTAC barricade mounted on springs :ph34r::devil: