Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

people who don't know trying to boss you

mildot1

I just love it when you get paired with someone who has little experience on a subject and they try to tell you how to do it. No , I don't know every thing and yes there are guys that are faster but I can hold my own in the construction field.

Case example. I spent the last three years with the largest drywall and interior company in the world. I have ran 100,000 feet of grid ceiling and today I get a lesson from one of the slowest dudes I have ever seen.

He spent the entire day before doing a hallway that was twenty feet shorter and I had mine done by 11:00 am.

Please show me some more!!!!!!!!!!!

Mildot

Been there. Used to run residential electrical for a living. Went to work for a guy who gave me a crew on a large development. He came through my job at the end of the week and had all kinds of things to say about doing things his way, etc. etc. Inspector comes out on the job, and makes me change almost everything back to the original way I had run it. (Faster than the other two crews working the same job too.) I happen to know the inspector, he asks me why I've suddenly changed my wiring techniques. Get into argument with the guy the next day about how things went with the inspection. As he starts to raise his voice, I simply ask him if he really wants me to work for him or not. He says yeah but this and yeah but that. I go out to the lot, get my tools and log books, plans. I set them on his desk, tell him to mail the check to my adress, and had a better paying gig before the end of the day.

He has since gone out of business. All the guys on my crew when I was working on him found better gigs, or came and worked for me at my new place of work. (Almost all with letters of reccomendation from me. I know or am related to lots of people and have burned few if any bridges.

Your quality and quantity will show him if he has any brains. But, don't close your ears too tight. I have learned some cool tricks at most things from people who while not really good at what they do, did hace a few tricks up their sleeves.

Good luck!

I work with chest beaters as well, but I just let them beat away. The boss knows who makes the mony for the company, and who doesn't. Strangley enough, one of the chest beaters got beat down today by the customer....No more running jobs for him, back to being an indian instead of a chief! :roflol:

Yeah, I am a pharmacist.

A couple a weeks ago, a dude comes up and ask if I've heard of "lskdjffjls" or whatever it was.

I say, "No, not familier", he proceeds to tell me how it cures diabetes, and I should really educate myself better. Holds his nose up high, and walks away never to be seen again.

I looked up the stuff, and turns out it's a joke in the medical community, and one experimental study in Germany "showed something" in animals.

It pisses me off also.....

Yeah, I am a pharmacist.

A couple a weeks ago, a dude comes up and ask if I've heard of "lskdjffjls" or whatever it was.

I say, "No, not familier", he proceeds to tell me how it cures diabetes, and I should really educate myself better. Holds his nose up high, and walks away never to be seen again.

I looked up the stuff, and turns out it's a joke in the medical community, and one experimental study in Germany "showed something" in animals.

It pisses me off also.....

You did educate yourself. :cheers:

Now if they could just come up with a pill for stupid.. :ph34r:

I think they do,,, but it would be in poor taste,, to say what it is,,

Jim M ammo

Now if they could just come up with a pill for stupid.. :ph34r:

I think they do,,, but it would be in poor taste,, to say what it is,,

If that's what's holding you back, I'm your huckleberry.

"Richie loved to use .22s because the bullets are small and they don't come out the other end like a .45. See, a .45 will blow a barn door out the back of your head and there's a lot of dry cleaning involved. But a .22 will just rattle around like Pac-Man until you're dead." - Vincent 'Vinnie' Antonelli, My Blue Heaven