Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Robin Hood

Well, I had to go see it. Some of the action scenes were filmed real well but the tory line was diffcult to believe.

Russel Crow did a good job but at no time do you feel like liking the guy.

Ann Blanchart (SP) made a good maid Marion. but was actually a widow.

I won't go into all the inconsisstencies with every other Robin Hood story but there sure were a lot.

My favorite is The Adventures Of Robin Hood followed by Prince of Theives and then the TV series from the 50's I'd then put in Men In Tights, any other Robin Hood show and finally the new movie.

Just my opinion

Definately worth the trip and money to see it in the theaters. I saw it on Friday.

I am not sure of the rating, but no sex scenes to ruin it for kids, but there was some blood when they kill people with their swords and arrows.

We went on Saturday. Reasonably decent entertainment. It's supposed to be a prequel to the Robin Hood story we all know, so I'm not sure why they cast a 46-year-old actor to play the part.

Good movie, worth while to see. I was slightly dissapointed, a very well known movie critic that I respect said that it had better battle scenes than Brave Heart, so I was expecting a lot more than I got, battle scenes were a bit weak in my opinion. They definatly set us up for a sequel.

Just got back from seeing this. I really liked it! I went expecting something a little different and was right. good action, some humor tossed around, good plot line to follow.

I also found a few "similarities" with the movie plot to modern day life:

-people want equal laws, leaders want to control everything.

-people flock to support a leader who has told them all the good he will do, then people turn against him when re recants and doesnt do anything he promised <_< . maybe its just me, but i found it humorous.

As for a sequel, they did lead on to one, but i doubt it will come. the sequel is what we all know these days...

overall, great movie! i recommend it and will probably see it again.

Ridley Scott's Robin Hood strikes many simliar chords as his 2005 film Kingdom of Heaven. Both protagonists are largely modern men in medieval garb and settings. Both have participated in the Crusades, have ideas about individual rights and the fallacies of religion, and both tell Richard the Lionheart something the King does not want to hear particularly. Scott is clearly after something to say about our own Crusades and Holy Wars, if you can handle his truth. You may take it as you please. The film is well-made but a little long and complicated on 12th century politics in Europe. It has little to do with the Robin Hood stories we have known to date.

Edited by Trevor

• 3 weeks later...