Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

which class?

bigcat

i have an eaa witness match in .40. i am new and have not shot a match yet. i assumed i would be in production because it is a stock gun but after doing some reading i don't think i can. looks like if i am understanding right i will have to shoot in limited. any help on what i can shoot and what i can change on the gun. i wanted a mag well but don't know how that will effect the classes. hope to shoot a match soon. not alot around me where i live.

not alot around me where i live.

Have you gone to http://uspsa.com/ to look for local clubs/ranges?

One good thing about L10 is, your mags are much less expensive, than the high capacity mags you must have in Limited to be competitive.

Good Luck,

A.T.

Limited division is a good one to start in b/c there are significantly less reloads to worry about and you can focus on being safe and just shooting the targets. Limited 10 would also be a good option, but there will be 2-3 reloads per stage if its a med/long course instead of just 1 with limited. You could always shoot Open with it, but you would be at a silly disadavantage, but hey, its a 3rd option. I wouldnt worry about being competitive, just be safe and have fun!!

Witness Match appears to be single action only, so Production Division is out.

Limited, and Lim10 will be your options. You can add a mag well, and make a lot of other mods that would not be allowed in Production.

Find a match, and go at your earliest opportunity. Don't wait for your gear to be set up perfectly. Go and learn. :)

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for all the advice. i need to find some more mags only have one and then i will be off. bigbear is a good friend of mine and a real good shooter. he has been helping me alot and i have a long way to go but i am going to jump in. i don't like to stink at anything so i will work hard