Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any of the New Windows Mobile based phones good ?

Im pretty happy with T-mobile except with their inability to offer the latest and greatest phones. I noticed the new HTC HD2, but its Windows mobile and Not Android. Their Android offerings are slim pickins. Ive got a blackberry now, but am looking for a change.

Anyone have good things to say about the new Windows Mobile ? How about the MyTouch 3G, is that one any good ? I didnt care for the first MyTouch.

Maybe Verizon wouldnt be such a bad switch come July when contract is up. My Signal and plan prices are what has kept me with T-mobile for so long. My plan would go up a noticable amount switching to Verizon or ATT. Sprint is pretty much out because of prior experiences by myself and wife.

Edited by DWFAN

I've had great success with the Verizon Samsung Omnia and now the Omnia II. Lot's of 3rd party software available, and tweaking the phone gives it a more personable feel. I watch movies and shows on it, hook to the net, does all the things I want a smart phone to do

I like the WinMo phones, Android does not do much for me. probably because I feel more comfortable tweaking and modding Windows.

Personally, I HATE Windows Mobile.

I'm on T-Mobile as well and for a couple of years was using an unlocked iPhone.

It was nice, except I had no 3G connectivity.

I am now using a Nexus One from Google (phone is made by HTC).

I absolutely love it. It's by far the nicest phone I've ever laid my hands on.

Check it out:

www.google.com/phone

:cheers:

Personally, I HATE Windows Mobile.

I'm on T-Mobile as well and for a couple of years was using an unlocked iPhone.

It was nice, except I had no 3G connectivity.

I am now using a Nexus One from Google (phone is made by HTC).

I absolutely love it. It's by far the nicest phone I've ever laid my hands on.

Check it out:

www.google.com/phone

:cheers:

Thanks, that looks like the MyTouch 3G - and acording to the Google website is like the Droid Incredible on Verizon. Might be a decent option.

Not a Windows Mobile, but you might want to take a look at the Nokia N900. It's my first real cell/smartphone (I'm the prepaid service get a 5 dollar phone from Wal-Mart type) and I gotta admit that it has some great add-ons and support from Linux developers. Just as a note though, I bought it to play with the applications and "desktop" features, not necessarily for the phone itself. I have a prepaid card in it, but have fun using it for Skype calls to my family in the states. Plays music, movies, has video game emulators, and tons of other options I haven't played with. Only bad thing is that it's a brick...but what smartphone isn't?

http://maemo.nokia.com/n900/

Diana

I actually went with the HTC HD2 for now. Its pretty slick, and I have not had many issues in a week of use. I'll just have to get used to the bad battery life that a lot of cool phones suffer from. My Blackberry had me spoiled with 2 days of hard use before needing a charge, even after being 2 years old.

I hate my Samsung Omnia....absolutely ridiculous operating system that gets in the way of phone functions. Completely non intuitive and the touchscreen for me is hit and miss at best.

I agree with the above post marrying window's mobile, good, and riddance.

Can't wait for Verizon's Iphone this summer. I will be at my new every 2 time frame.

Be aware that Windows Mobile 6.5 (HTC HD2 OS) is basically a dead-end. Windows Mobile 7, due late this year, will not be backwards compatible, nor will the WM7 apps. Microsoft has fallen far behind Apple and Google and will have to work really hard to get WM7 to succeed - they will have zero interest in the stop-gap WM6.5 at that point.

Im pretty happy with T-mobile except with their inability to offer the latest and greatest phones. I noticed the new HTC HD2, but its Windows mobile and Not Android. Their Android offerings are slim pickins. Ive got a blackberry now, but am looking for a change.

Anyone have good things to say about the new Windows Mobile ? How about the MyTouch 3G, is that one any good ? I didnt care for the first MyTouch.

Maybe Verizon wouldnt be such a bad switch come July when contract is up. My Signal and plan prices are what has kept me with T-mobile for so long. My plan would go up a noticable amount switching to Verizon or ATT. Sprint is pretty much out because of prior experiences by myself and wife.

DW,

I see you have Black Berry now and may stick with the "Smartphone" Maybe I can help...

What do you plan to do with you mobile/cell phone other than voice and/or text messaging?

BB strengths are email/enterprise email.

Business use, Personal or combination?

Browse Web?

Open spreadsheets?

Open Docs?

Calendar / scheduling use?

Social networking (other than be.com)?

Watch videos?

Games?

Carriers offer a few different types of OS based on consumer needs/ preferences. Answering those questions will help you find the best one.

Then later this year 4G will be released to certain areas, perhaps hang tight till then to make a decision ....

edit:

Just noticed you picked up the HTC... i'm a bit late in reading ... Enjoy it, great device..!!!

Edited by flack jacket