Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New from Texas / DFW

Hello friends and fans for Brian. I am a new comer here after a friend introduced me to slide glide for my springfield 1911A1. After noticing how flawlessly my gun now functions with this product I dont know what I was doing befor without it. Well...My name is John im a 36 year old married man with an awsomely understanding wife, with 4 beutiful children, 3 boys and 1 girl, ages, b15, b11, g7, b3. I am a 17 year career law enforcement officer currently working as a city marshal. Over the years I have fired many diffrent weapons and brands and calibers. Just in my opinion for its worth being a novice shooter, I am issued a Glock on duty and have to carry that for department use. There's nothing wrong with the glock persay i just dont like it. I have problems keeping tight patterns from 25+yards maybe a little bit bigger than a coffee can. Now with my 1911A1 I can pull that pattern down to the size of a coke can and keep there all the way to 25+yards. I love my 1911 it was my 1st personally owned firearm and my carry weapon of choice for over 10 years. I am currently trying to negociate with my department about allowing me to carrry my 1911 on duty as I can show year after year the diffrence between me shooting with a glock and my 1911. Although I score 250 or 100% with both guns the diffrence is distinct on paper. I am looking forward to talking with you professional shooters and intermediate shooters and hope to maybe help my shooting game and maybe even look into start shooting competatively.

Welcome to the forum! Check out DallasPistol.com for IDPA and USPSA. The Tuesday After Work steel shoots are starting soon as well.

Plenty of opportunities and great folks to shoot with!

Welcome to the forum. As JRW mentioned, we're starting our second summertime season of Tuesday After work steel plate matches within the next few weeks.

Next Tuesday @ 630pm we are offering an INTRO to TAW (free) for those who would like to give it a try in a monitored/coached environment.

If you've got room in your schedule, come on out!

11lmvkn.jpg

Edited by joseywales

Welcome to the forum. There are quite a few cops from the DFW area who shoot USPSA and IDPA. You'll feel right at home with the Glock or your 1911 :cheers:

Thanks for all the great information guys! The Tuesday after work event sounds like its just my speed as im off Tuesday and Wednesday! Only problem I might have is I have no sitter for this even on Tuesdays. Maybe some of the guys bring their children I dont know. If any of you guys know a little more about this Tuesday after work event please fill me in.

Welcome to the forum. There are quite a few cops from the DFW area who shoot USPSA and IDPA. You'll feel right at home with the Glock or your 1911 :cheers:

Thanks for all the great information guys! The Tuesday after work event sounds like its just my speed as im off Tuesday and Wednesday! Only problem I might have is I have no sitter for this even on Tuesdays. Maybe some of the guys bring their children I dont know. If any of you guys know a little more about this Tuesday after work event please fill me in.

Best best bet is to PM JoseyWales or check out the website. He can answer any questions you may have.

I can tell you it is a great group of folks and the shooting is top notch.