Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloaded Glocked brass into a Glock barrel again

ruready

Please tell me that these bulge at the base is nothing and is still safe to shoot If I am still going to use it with the factory G17 barrel. I just started reloading my Winchester brass shot through my G17, and used a 550B with Dillon 9mm dies to reload. I've read that the bulge might be a problem chambering on a non-glock barrel. It goes into the dillon case gauge just fine and the no problems chambering into the glock barrel.

So if I don't have any problems chambering rounds into the OEM barrel, should I still need to worry about taking the bulge out?

bulge.jpg

It looks like the die sized it down to the smaller side of the tolerance and the bullet "bulged" it back out. The Glock bulge is usually nearer to the base and only on one side...and is why some call it a guppy belly. I don't see that as being the case with yours. If they fit in your chamber and the base of the shell is even with the barrel's hood, you should be good to go. As others have said, the bulge is usually more pronounced in the 40 with the stock barrel.

Hello: They will be fine. I use the Dillon die for 9mm since it does not work the brass as hard as the EGW die. I make sure the die touches the shellplate with a piece of paper under the die on one side and all stations full. I do use the EGW die for 40 though. Loaded them up and do it it again :cheers: Thanks, Eric

It looks like the right term is coke bottle. All of them looks like it. Is that normal?

Normal and preferred. You don't need a coke bottle shape. Most factory ammo is not coke bottle shaped. But in reloaded ammo it's very nice. UNLESS you are shooting lead and the case is sizing the bullet. Then you need to walk the tightrope between not enough/too much case tension.

Edited by 98sr20ve

"Normal and preferred. You don't need a coke bottle shape. Most factory ammo is not coke bottle shaped. But in reloaded ammo it's very nice. UNLESS you are shooting lead and the case is sizing the bullet. Then you need to walk the tightrope between not enough/too much case tension."

What he said.

Edited by Fishin6061