Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-more Screw Pattern

McDaddy

I take it you guys are talking about the "Serendipity" C-more?

I just looked up some info on it here: http://cmore.com/serendipity.html#Anchor-35565 There is mounting info at the bottom. I never knew that they came in different widths for different guns (Para vs. STI vs. Widebody, etc.)

Could a shooter use a Wislon mount (or another that lines up) and a non-Serendipity model of the C-more?

The different models are all the same basic mould, they cut the mounting pads thinner for the thicker frames. The cut the legs off to make the slide ride and the railway. The railway or the slide ride will screw onto aftermarket mounts like this. It mounts to the two screw holes in the mount and then screw the mount into the scope mounting holes in the dustcover. You can modify the Serendipity into a slide ride yourself with a hacksaw and a belt sander in about 5 minutes.

Bob,

My C-more actually says "Colt" on the side, it is the Railway. I noticed the Railway doesn't have a bottom cover (if it's not on the rail, I see green circuit board).

Do you know if the Slide Ride...or any other...has a bottom cover? I might like to add it to mine.

Modifying a Serendipity to fit, say, a Brazos Custom mount?, also involves drilling holes for the mounting bolts. A belt sander! <smacking self in forehead> That would have been nice.

Flexmoney, WhatchutalkinboutWillis? They all have bottom covers. Maybe the former owner didn't include it. The only Colt-branded C-Mores should be the Scout (on AR-15 carry handle mount) and Tactical (with iron sight on Weaver base). The Railway is basically a Slide Ride on a Weaver mount.

I have this:

CRWB_1.jpg

Which C-more calls the "Railway". I think Colt calls it the "Tactical" (go figure...how original).

It doesn't have a cover plate on the bottom. I think the weaver mount serves that purpose.

However, I turned mine around 180 degrees on it's mount to move it back some and get the lense away from the blast. The back of the sight now extends further back than the mount....and has an exposed bottom.

Here, in the area of the red circle (sorry for the backwards angle, old picture).

I don't have a lot of mileage on this gun yet, but it doesn't seem like I am getting brass hits in this area. I don't want to push my luck though, and damage the sight.

post-32-1074072387_thumb.jpg

Flex, that's not a Tactical. This is a Tactical:

TACB_1.jpg

Note the rear sight. Maybe you have a Tactical less the iron sight?

You won't damage the C-More by having brass hit it there. OTOH I wouldn't want brass to go upward without a bottom cover and hit the circuit board.

Larry, I have the same setup. The back-most screw comes loose after a few hundred rounds. The middle screw also loosens slightly. Even with red Loctite. I want to get my frame drilled and tapped for the extra holes.

Sorry about not replying for a while, the flu brought me to my knees. I guess I just need to get the weaver style and call it a day. It'll get the job done and give me added flexability (if I wanna put it on a AR-15 or something similar). Thanks for all the input.

Flex, Don't worry about hijacking the thread. I'm not much of a Forum Nazi.

-Mac-