Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dry Fire Mini Targets

recovering19A

Nicely done. Those look awesome. +1 on the perforated zones. Made some miniature targets from TV cardboard box that did not turn out too well, but yours looks great. Mind Sharing the dimensions on those?

Jim

Styrofoam or cardboard? either way, they looks good.

I found a blank template and printed a bunch off onto some brownish card stock, but yours look a lot nicer

They're foam core. I scotch-taped a target template, cut them out with a razor, faced the "shoot" side with manila envelopes, and did the perf with the razor blade. Some time this afternoon I'll post the templates I used (or links - I have to find them again). Took a little time, but it was pretty easy.

Very nice.

question: when you dry fire do you rack each time or do you move and just squeeze the trigger?

It depends on what I'm trying to train. I'm sort-of figuring it out as I go. If I want to work trigger squeeze, obviously I rack. For transitions, I sometimes do. For reloads, generally I don't - I still often move the finger and pull the trigger even though it's not racked, if I still have a target to "shoot." Like I said, I'm still trying to figure this stuff out. Haven't really settled into a routine yet.

Thanks for the idea and the stand is great. I have so many pin holes in my wall in the bedroom from hanging paper or cardboard targets. With this you could certainly place them in many more locations because they will stand on there own.

Post templates please

Here's a link to a couple of them (scroll down to "Competition Targets). There's also an IDPA and NRA tombstone if you're so inclined.

http://www.glockfaq.com/content.aspx?ckey=Glock_FAQ_Targets

The IPSC target came from www.ipsc.org - in the left frame, under "Diagrams" select "IPSC Target," print off the image, and there you go.

Edited by recovering19A

post-14235-127303151755_thumb.jpg

These were not a walk in the park. I made them for a specific training purpose but its not just printing some 8x10 on golden rod. It is worth it though as I can kind of set them up in weird locations quickly. I really like the no shoot option for the vision.

These were not a walk in the park. I made them for a specific training purpose but its not just printing some 8x10 on golden rod. It is worth it though as I can kind of set them up in weird locations quickly. I really like the no shoot option for the vision.

What are those targets made of?

What are those targets made of?

The OP had great idea to use "foam board" so they could be made to stand on their own. I got it at a paper store. I think it is meant for display presentations. It comes in a 4x4 foot section.

• 2 weeks later...