Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moving to the Phoenix AZ area

Well my wonderful wife has agreed to move to the Phoenix AZ area. I have only been to the Phoenix area once so Im very unfamiliar with the housing situation. I don't want to live any further than 30-40 minutes from the Rio Salado Sportsmans Club. I was thinking about Scottsdale or Mesa area. Because I lost my job in December we want to buy a home in the range of 125K. Im looking for any info on neighborhood to stay away from and neighborhood with good schools to look for.

Any info you have is much appertained and let me just add Im just a little excited about getting out of California. :P

Thanks,

Dave

Edited by werewolf45auto

Dave, welcome to Phoenix. Bring lots of ammo, you will be using it! Debbie is good people. All of Mesa and pretty much all of Scottsdale except the very, very north end are within 30 min. We live in NE Scottsdale and it takes me

just over 30 min to get to Rio in the morning. Tuesday Night Steel is a different story as the 101 gets really backed up but you can cut through the Reservation and still make it in around 45.

Here you go Dave.....send Debbie Keehart an email. She is a shooter around here and she also happens to work in real estate.

Debbie.Keehart@azmoves.com

I'll do that. It will be nice to deal with someone I can trust!

Dave, welcome to Phoenix. Bring lots of ammo, you will be using it! Debbie is good people. All of Mesa and pretty much all of Scottsdale except the very, very north end are within 30 min. We live in NE Scottsdale and it takes me

just over 30 min to get to Rio in the morning. Tuesday Night Steel is a different story as the 101 gets really backed up but you can cut through the Reservation and still make it in around 45.

Thanks! I can't wait, it's like a child counting down for x-mas.

You can go to Craig's List for Phoenix and get a rough idea on housing, I've compared it to were I live in Portland Oregon and the prices look pretty friendly.

Tim

They certainly do look friendly, for once it seems that I’m going to buy for less than I’m going to sell my home and still be moving up. It dose concern me about the job market but hey that’s bad every were and I don’t have a job right now any way…lol

Hi Dave,

i moved here in AZ almost a year ago and I LOVE IT...there is always some type of match every week.. and the guys are so nice...also check out some communities in Gilbert and Queen Creek as well.. i live in San Tan Valley and just 20-25 minutes away from Rio Salado.

Debbie can really help you out looking for a place here..

August

I sent Debbie an email last night and she got back to me first thing this morning and again in the afternoon. I can see already I'm going to be in great hands with someone I can trust. It's really nice to deal with shooters I always have such great experiences. I'm also very excited about coming down and meeting all the AZ shooters and exploring some other disciplines outside USPSA. It's going to be at least a few months before everything is all said and done, I just hope it go's by fast.

Dave

Edited by werewolf45auto

Hi Dave,

i moved here in AZ almost a year ago and I LOVE IT...there is always some type of match every week.. and the guys are so nice...also check out some communities in Gilbert and Queen Creek as well.. i live in San Tan Valley and just 20-25 minutes away from Rio Salado.

Debbie can really help you out looking for a place here..

August

Nice! I would have not guessed it would be that short from San Tan Valley. I have map quested it from Scottsdale, Mesa and Gilbert but I guess then again it does not look like there is a lot getting in the way as far as a travel path go's.

Here you go Dave.....send Debbie Keehart an email. She is a shooter around here and she also happens to work in real estate.

Debbie.Keehart@azmoves.com

Thanks Team Firebird! Dave and I are in contact and I will help him and the family settle in with us here in AZ!!

Debbie