Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Broken Jager striker

Sarge

Put a new lengthened and lightened Jager striker in my 34 last night. Dry fired it maybe ten times and packed it up for the range. Got to the range and had two, what I thought were light strikes. Checked things out and the entire tip was gone from the striker! :surprise:

The word I'm getting is that this is definitely out of the ordinary for these strikers. As a matter of fact the vendor said it has never happened!

I sent it back for evaluation and will soon have another one on the way back.

Needless to say I will have this nagging at me forever now, wondering when the next one will break. Seems like every time I try to drift away from stock setups I run into some kind of friggin' problem! :angry2:

Anyone else ever had problems with the Jager strikers breaking? Will it be safe to dry fire with?

Thanks

Kevin

Like I told you in my reply to your pm Kevin, I have had thousands of rounds pounded by my Jager striker without any problems. If you are concerned with dryfiring, then use MY paper-in-the-breech method. I'll give you a demo tomorrow at MRPC.

Oh that was a Jagor? I thought you said it was a Charlie Vanek ....... <_<

I never used anything but Vanek when I had a Glock. Take it for what it's worth.

Must be an "cryptic inside" thing there. Vanek includes Jager parts AS AN OPTION.

I sure like my Jager captured guide rod in the glock (and my Glocktrigger.com trigger).

Edited by Wild Gene

Vanek includes Jager parts.

I know Charlie recently offered the lightened striker as an option on his Super kits.

Was unaware his work included other Jager hardware.

I only have a couple matches shot with the new striker but I love the thing.

Hoping Kevin just got an oddball. We'll see.

Vanek includes Jager parts.

I know Charlie recently offered the lightened striker as an option on his Super kits.

Was unaware his work included other Jager hardware.

I only have a couple matches shot with the new striker but I love the thing.

Hoping Kevin just got an oddball. We'll see.

Me too! :)

I emailed Charlie and he is doing everything possible to make it right. :bow: Not to quote him verbatum but it seems my striker was from a new batch he received from Jager and feels it might be that the heat treating was a little off on my striker. To his credit he asked that I send the complete trigger and striker back so he can tune a new striker to the trigger which he said he only does for his super triggers. So I will be getting an upgrade when all is said and done. :cheers:

Others have PM'd me and said they have complete confidence in there strikers and that mine indeed must be a fluke.

Howdy,

I know Jager parts are an OPTION for vanek kits, from the website, that is all I was saying, not that they all include the Jager Parts. I do have faith that Jager will make it right.

Gene

Ah, good.

Hey Sarge,

Sorry for the broken striker, just got the e-mail from Charlie.

There's a lot of these out there with no breakages. Yup, you're the first, and I get credit for causing the breakage personally. I'm out of stock, and to get a few last ones out I cleaned up several I had on the side with a hand file at the base of the tip to correct a machining error. I sent one to Charlie, and you were the unlucky recepient.

That won't happen again. I'm selling out faster than anticipated, and hate to backorder items but I show them as backorder on my site now. My fault for letting one get by me, and I'll send an additional one to Charlie for you as soon as this next run is complete.

Sorry man, jager