Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springfield XD(m) in .45 ACP

45 Raven

Latest issue of the "American Rifleman" magazine is advertising the XD(m) in caliber .45 ACP. The "XD Talk" forum buzz is that the pistol will be introduced at the annual NRA meeting and show in May. No details on capacity, etc. available yet.

• 1 month later...

Latest issue of the "American Rifleman" magazine is advertising the XD(m) in caliber .45 ACP. The "XD Talk" forum buzz is that the pistol will be introduced at the annual NRA meeting and show in May. No details on capacity, etc. available yet.

In the unlikely event that everyone doesn't already know about this, the XD(m) in caliber .45 ACP is now for sale. I purchased one on Sunday, May 30 at Scottsdale Gun Club here in AZ. They had nine of them in stock on the day I made the purchase. The salesman told me that had sold one since their initial stock arrived.

I purchased an all black one, and know that they didn't have any OD/black bi-tone ones available. That color combination doesn't show up as available on the Springfield website, but the salesman told me that SGC has some on order.

The new pistol has a 13-round magazine capacity and uses standard XD .45 magazines. I purchased three spare magazines in addition to the two that came with the pistol. I already own an XD(m) in 9MM caliber and like it very, very much. I didn't have that pistol with me when I purchased the new one, and didn't think about getting one of SGC's rental XD(m) pistols in 9MM to make a side by side comparison, but to me, the guns feel identical dimensionally.

If you like the XD(m) in 9MM or .40 S&W, I will predict you will like the .45 ACP as well. I never made it home with mine, as I was only about 30 minutes away from Kent Singletary's place at KS Customs in Glendale, AZ. I took it directly to him for a trigger job and the installation of a Dawson Precision FO front sight. I had these two things done to the 9MM when I first purchased it, and could not be happier with the outcome.

Good luck to all who are looking for an XD(m) in caliber .45 ACP, and I wish you the best of success when you obtain yours!

Even if you can't get one right away, I urge you to get back into shooting. I just returned to competition after a 22 year absence and am really enjoying it. My skills have dimished considerably and I am one of the oldest competitors on the range, but I enjoy the challenge and welcome opportunities to improve. Just do it!!

I'm going to use my new one at our next IDPA match. I'm going to work up a little softer load than production ammo. When you load your own, the cost difference becomes minimal. I ran about 175 rounds thru it monday and I really like it. I have a new Springer trigger and sights on the way.

• 1 year later...

Is there a reason, aside from cost, to shoot 9MM rather than 45 in production? I seems like the extra .097" could help...

Shoot the .45 in Limited 10. If you are going to shoot Major you may as well score major.

im wondering the practicality of using a .45 xdm in competition and where it would fit best while at the same time how much more am i spending on ammo over a .40

Limited 10 is a very practical place for it. Slightly more expensive than .40, but if you like .45, it's worth it!

I'm just curious- Did yours not come with the fiber front sight? I just got one and it already has a fiber front site that is really bright and easy to see.

In the unlikely event that everyone doesn't already know about this, the XD(m) in caliber .45 ACP is now for sale. I purchased one on Sunday, May 30 at Scottsdale Gun Club here in AZ. They had nine of them in stock on the day I made the purchase. The salesman told me that had sold one since their initial stock arrived.

I purchased an all black one, and know that they didn't have any OD/black bi-tone ones available. That color combination doesn't show up as available on the Springfield website, but the salesman told me that SGC has some on order.

The new pistol has a 13-round magazine capacity and uses standard XD .45 magazines. I purchased three spare magazines in addition to the two that came with the pistol. I already own an XD(m) in 9MM caliber and like it very, very much. I didn't have that pistol with me when I purchased the new one, and didn't think about getting one of SGC's rental XD(m) pistols in 9MM to make a side by side comparison, but to me, the guns feel identical dimensionally.

If you like the XD(m) in 9MM or .40 S&W, I will predict you will like the .45 ACP as well. I never made it home with mine, as I was only about 30 minutes away from Kent Singletary's place at KS Customs in Glendale, AZ. I took it directly to him for a trigger job and the installation of a Dawson Precision FO front sight. I had these two things done to the 9MM when I first purchased it, and could not be happier with the outcome.

Good luck to all who are looking for an XD(m) in caliber .45 ACP, and I wish you the best of success when you obtain yours!