Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kansas targets

I'm more curious as to what this means "Penalties as per IPSC Handgun Rules [...] with respect to German gun law."

This means: you can't shoot on the move in Germany.

Really? That's bizarre.

It's too bad that you can't shoot on the move but they make up for it in stagedesign!

Kansastargets where pop-up targets, you had to shoot the target then move back to the middle position en shoot the steel, then go back where you shot the first target and there was a fresh one.

This on both sides keeps you going back and forth

• 2 weeks later...

From the way you are describing it, you shoot the paper target then a steel to activate the "Kansas Target" which rotates the first paper out of location and moves a second paper into that same spot? That would be very interesting to say the least, no matter what it would make a stage a lot of fun. I wonder if Tom D is reading this and getting more evil ideas for new target stands. LOL

Joe W.

Kansas Target is, so far as I know, a plate on a lever that causes two targets to change places. Usually you have one target up and one down, the one that rotates out of sight is a disappearing target (you have to arrange this array so that the target that rotates away won't be visible). When we use this array, we usually put up at least one additional target usually two or an additional steel so that there are a lot of options. You should be able to shoot the plate, the then the disappearing target and maybe have time to do other stuff.

It can add to a stage, but you have to remember that the plate CANNOT be calibrated so any hit must cause the array to activate.

Jim