Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

January '04!

Thirties

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Monty Pythonesque mode /ON]

Patron: this glass is half empty, I paid for a full glass!!!

Barkeep: no, you paid for a half-full glass...and there you have it

Patron: (drops glass) this glass has ceased to be!!!

Barkeep: (pours beer onto the counter) no, you're glass is right there!!

Patron: no it isn't!!!

Barkeep: yes it is!!!

Patron: this glass is quite broken!!!

Barkeep: so, you gonna pay me for that second pint, eh?

[OFF]

I was having a conversation with my manager yesterday and she was stating "I'm having a harding time transitioning from a 'glass half empty' to a 'glass half full' kind of person" My reply was "Why don't you simply accept the fact that there is a glass and there is stuff in it? Quit worrying about how full or un-full it is."

I find it very interesting that Brian didn't actually mention a "glass" in his question. ;)

This month let's have comedy instead of trivia. Whoever can write the funniest/most insightful commentary on the age-old "half empty/half full" or "half over/half left" dilemma will be the winner.

Allright, sorry for the delay all.

:wacko:

First, Flex was right on it. I wasn't thinking (only) glass. Just a couple oddly timed, quite different incidents sparked the inquiry into the dilema.

Next, I really enjoyed EVERYONE's comments. So thanks to all for participating!

Last, I gotta go with Erik Warren's

If the magazine is half-full, reload. If the magazine is half-empty, switch to Limited or Open.

because it cracks me up. And the best part is that I can't even apply logic to it. I just like it.

Now I realize why it's difficult for me to feel "finished" with this type of question. Since there is no correct answer - who would be the winner if Erik hadn't posted? That's the problem; there are so many good answers. So again, thanks to everyone!

This just gave me a new idea for next month...

;)

Erik,

Since you probably all set on books and glide, pm me and we'll figure you out something special.

:o