Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I've been Carmonized

Drachen27

I sent my S&W 646 (4" 40S&W) to Mike to be Carmonized almost two weeks ago. I wanted his standard package, action job, Carmonized hammer, cylinders chamfered.

Exactly one week later it arrived at my door. Revolver looks fablous, and is sooooooooooooo smooth. The trigger pull is much lighter, but not dangerously so. It also came back much cleaner than I sent it, or how I usually keep it.

I tried to temper my excitment. After all, a gun doesn't make the shooter. I hoped a smoother trigger would improve my accuracy some, but even though I hoped for a miracle, I was ready for my usual results. Boy was I wrong.

After a little range time to get used to it, I shot an IDPA match. Shot better than I had for awhile, no miracles, but noticable. I've been shooting a 625 for a while, so out of habit, I "threw" the moonclips into the gun, something I couldn't do with the 646 before, and what do you know, they went in. Everytime!

Full of confidence, I went to my second IDPA match. Reloaded like mad, shot small groups, my time went down. It is a miracle.

Okay, maybe I couldn't have shot like this before, but it's Mike's work that gave me that boost of confidence.

Since this is the first gun I've had worked on like this, I can't tell you if he's the best smith out there, or better than anyone else, but I can and will say Mike did a great job. Super price and even better turn-around time. I can't imagine anyone doing any better of a job.

i've had Mike work on four of my guns, 625, 646, 617, and 686SSR. besides improving the trigger and my scores i've started giving to charity, calling my mom more often and going to church.