Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ghost Glock Connector

jspruance

Hi Glock Guys,

I just bought my second Glock, first one was a factory rebuild and I couldn't get rid of it quick enough. This one is a new G23. I bought it mainly for CCW since Ohio has finally passed their CCW law.

Anyway I also plan to introduce my 10 year old grandaughter to this pistol come summer. Since she is small the trigger seems pretty hard for her to control. I would like to improve the trigger. I checked Brownells and they have a Ghost Glock 3 1/2# connector. They have two styles, one has an extra tab that supposedly stops the overtravel after the striker falls, the other one does not this tab.

Does anyone have expierence or knowledge of the overtravel unit?

I also plan to polish the parts that several members have recommended. But that is all I plan to do. Will either of these modifications make this pistol unreliable for defensive purposes?

All of my gunsmithing to date has been on 1911 style pistols, so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks JFS.

Jim,

I hope you are gonna down load the 40 for your grand-daughter? I think it can be pretty harsh.

Let me know if you will make Circleville's Feburary match (1st Saturday), and I'll try to bring a few Glocks (with various triggers) for you to fondle.

Kyle

I guess I am one of the ones that does not like the Ghost. I find that they make the slide action rough and notchy. That can be fixed, but it requires thinning the steel and bending the bottom leg. I find nothing wrong with the Glock 3.5 connector.

BTW the Lightning Strike connector listed in Brownells is a factory Glock 3.5.

The Ghost Rocket is the one with the extra tab (to shorten the overtravel) that you'd need to fit to your gun. It takes some fitting time, but have some patient. You don't need to get the armorer's cover plate, just remove the cover plate after each try and remove the striker then the slide would come forward. The combination of GRocket/Wolff reduced power striker spring is awesome, but for defensive gun, just leave the std striker spring for reliable ignition.

Glock Guys,

Lots of info.

SingleStack,

At this point I do not have a good understanding of the Glock action. I am reluctant to start a project where I end up tearing the gun down multiple times to make adjustments.

RHall,

I plan to polish the trigger components. The factory rebuild was a G17, it was very unreliable, jammed a lot with FMJ round nose ammo out of both mags.

The accuracy was poor compared to this new gun.

JoeD,

Thanks for the tip on the Lightning Strike connector. I may go that route.

PacMan,

Thanks for the fitting tips.

Flex,

I made some loads with 3.4 gr. T.G. and 200 fmj. They PF at 140 and were pretty stiff. For her, I won't worry about making even minor. She will just be learning to handle the gun.

I'll monitor the weather for Circleville. I shot Miamisburg today, it was 26F outside and a few degrees colder inside(Exhaust fans and vents). I nearly froze my a$$ off for 2 1/2 hours.

If I can make it I'll let you know. Thanks for the offer.

Thanks to everyone for the help. I think that since this is not a gun I intend to shoot in competition I will probably just add the standard 3.5 connector and polish the trigger components. Maybe a different trigger spring.

Only took me about 30 minutes to fit the Ghost Rocket 3.5 connector. All you need is a vise, a good metal file, a polishing stone and the armorers orange plate. The instructions are downloadable from Ghost's website and are very understandable.

Having shot the standard factory 3.5lb connector for a couple of years in IPSC matches, I find the removal of Glock's inherent over-travel to be very beneficial for trigger reset and second-shot accuracy. Would not surprise me if we see Glock taking up this connector design in future models.

To improve the smoothness, you just need to slightly adjust the angle of the bottom of the connector so that it is not pressing too hard against the trigger bar. Then, some polishing with a fine ceramic polishing stone in about 4 places where metal touches metal and you have a lovely, smooth 3.5lb trigger with a a clean break and no over-travel...

Regards

Peter

J:

I'm going down a path similar to yours. I am very fond of the trigger setup in the 1911, but for a whole host of reasons (that would be its own post) I am exploring the Glock world (got a 34 and a 36 about a month ago).

I have the Ghost Rockets sitting here staring me in the face. When I get the time (?!) I will start the installation.

I'll keep you posted on where I end up.

BTW, you and Flex need to think about taking a road trip down here to Lexington, KY. We just started a new club. Our first match is Sunday, Feb 8th (IDPA) at 4:00. We shoot indoors and it is very comfortable!!!!.

USPSA/3-Gun coming soon!!!

Check our website (www.ckss.com)

Sorry for the Hi-jack!!!

Geek