Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MEOPTA K-Dot Reticle

bob tx

I think it was Jaime who had figured those out at one point and posted them here. But that is great.

Since you have proven your talent, any chance you want to find out the dims on the new reticle for us :D

Bob, your my hero!

Do I understand correctly that the size from the dot to the verticle line is the same as from the dot to the horizontal line? In other words from the bottom of the dot to the top of the post is 2 MOA?

I think it was Jaime who had figured those out at one point and posted them here. But that is great.

Since you have proven your talent, any chance you want to find out the dims on the new reticle for us :D

what does the new one look like? and why is it batter? Thanks

Anyone know when the new BDC reticle will be available?

I recieved an e-mail from Mike Venaski at meopta regarding this, his reply was July/August this year. I do not know if Meopta is any better with projected dates than what I have come to expect in the shooting world so you may take the dates with a grain of salt.

2 moa dot and 2 moa spaces all around.....at least that's what I get when I do my musses and plinuses right.

At what power? Since it is rear focal plane scope, that number will vary as the power is adjusted.

Kelly,

Sizing is for 4x. So dot is 8moa at 1x.

As to the new reticle it is very similar except for the lower vertical line is replace with three holdover chevrons. It appeared that they spanned the same distance as the line but I would love to see a schematic to know their sizes and spacing.

In my email communication with Meopta , it was originally stated that the dot was 2.1 moa.

I have emailed the gentleman who responded to my early messages and asked for he new reticle dimensions, we will see.........

Everything on the diagram is at 4x.

Bob

Got a reply from the Czech Meopta people concerning the new reticle......

"This is the same reticle, just instead of the vertical line there are 3 markings. They represent BDC feature for 300, 400 and 500 m / yds for 5,56 NATO caliber, if the central dot is sighted in for 100m/yds."

Wish there was more

Bob