Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classification

Wild Gene

Howdy all.

Ok, I get the idea of the "Hit Factor" (speed, power, accuracy), and on a given stage the highest score gets 100% of the points, then it is done by percentages of the highest hit factor after that on each stage, BUT, what I am not sure of is how classification comes into play. Is it merely ranking a B class shooter against other B class shooters? Or does it give them a "handicap" that allows for the shooters skill level, and gives them a numerical advantage enabling them to compete against a shooter of a higher classification, like a golf handicap (btw, I think golf is a dumb game, and yes I suck at it)?

Thank you, and pardon my ignorance.

Best Wishes.

Wild Gene

everyone shoots the same course of fire (stage). classifications are more for end of the day scores. You are ranked against people in your class (D, C, B, A, M, GM) within your selected division (single stack, open, limited, etc) for the purpose of prize/awards. If you are the highest in the overall division rankings within your class (ex: you're a C and you beat all the other Cs), you just won C-class! All classes and divisions cant shoot on the same squad and while your technically shooting "against" them as the day progresses, your are shooting against your class rankings in your division, whethere they are all on your squad or not (most likely wont be).

Hope that makes a little sense :)

It is not ignorant to ask good questions. Class rating gives a shooter the ability to compete against others in his/her own class. It is not a handicap like golf(not that I know much about golf). In local, smaller matches, having a class doesn't really mean too much but at larger matches, you compete against others in your own class. There are generally prizes/awards for each class.

The hit factor is actually the points you score per second. You have the rest of it pretty much correct.

Welcome to the obsession!

MLM

Thank you, and yes, I am obsessed....I fall asleep shooting stages....I have a G34 that I can tear completely down....I have polished its insides, bought a comp trigger, and even played with the comp trigger, not to mention the grip tape and the steel guide rod with 13# spring, reduced power striker and safety plunger springs for my production gun (LOL, not that it is really production anymore, but is well within the rules)....I have a box of paper targets and built stands and about 10-15 hanging steel plates, a 5 plate (actually cowboys) KD rack, a couple pepper poppers....AND have already decided on an Limited class gun and can't wait till I get it....I have piles of 9mm, and will soon start hording .40S&W....Oh Yea, I am obsessed.

Thanks for the welcome, and thank you for the reply.

Gene

Ahh, the beginning of the obsession I remember that. Seems like so long ago.

I used to be like that. Now I never clean my gun, just stick it in the bag in whatever condition it was in after the last stage. And, I'm usually looking in the garage for components to load ammo when I should have already left for the match.

Chris

Ahh, the beginning of the obsession I remember that. Seems like so long ago.

I used to be like that. Now I never clean my gun, just stick it in the bag in whatever condition it was in after the last stage. And, I'm usually looking in the garage for components to load ammo when I should have already left for the match.

Chris

NOW THAT'S FUNNY!

I wouldn't say I am "giddy", just a bit obsessed...LOL! When I did finally clean the Glock, not just work on it, I had several hundred rounds through it (500+) then only did it because it was too windy and rainy outside to want to work (hayseed farmer/rancher here). I mean it is a tool. It's not like it was a Colt or anything...Baahaaa...LOL!

Gene