Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

N00b from Texas

sneedb82

Welcome! West Texas Practical Shooters is the local club we shoot out north of Levelland. We were going to have our monthly match tomorrow, but postponed it until Sunday to try and avoind shooting in a sandstorm, lol. Come out and see us. Our website is WTPS.US

Howdy all,

Was turned on to USPSA by a friend in Kentucky. Love the idea, and enjoy shooting in general. I look forward to the challenge, and the friendships to come.

Brandon

Welcome to USPSA and the the BE forum!

What part of Texas?

Edit: Now that I have both eyes open, I see you're in Lubbock.

As Jordan mentioned, West Texas Practical Shooters has a USPSA match out West of Levelland tomorrow. (Monthly matches usually on the fourth Saturday of the month, but as mentioned, it will be Sunday, tomorrow, this time.)

A week from today, Lea County Action Shooters has a USPSA match in Hobbs, NM. (Monthly matches the first Saturday of the month.)

The San Angelo Gun Club has monthly USPSA matches on the fourth Sunday of the month.

Those are the closest ones I know of to Lubbock.

Edited by mgood

• 10 months later...

Thanks for the welcome. Sorry I only posted once thus far. Life changes have occurred in the past year, and unfortunately, I have yet to get out to shoot a match. Mark Miller hit me up quite a bit last year, and unfortunately, I was very unproductive to getting out there. Every week something came up.

Long story short, I've been trying to make ends meet since my lay off in January of 2010, and have not quite gotten back on my feet. Had to sell off various weapons and am working on getting back to square one. Piecing together things now that things are getting a little better. First step was to get a reloading press, and dies for 9mm and 6.8 which is what I shoot the most. Second step was to replace my 6.8 that I had previously, with weight savings and accuracy in mind. Done. Now to replace my pistol. Previously shot xd in 40S&W and Glock 19 in 9mm... now trying to find a comparable one for carry, but also to shoot in multi-gun. Like the M&P, but shot best with the Glock 19 and Springfield XD...

Thanks for the welcome again. Looking forward to what this year has to offer. Hoping this summer I will be able to participate more frequently.

God Bless.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Well a new job moved me down to the san Antonio area. Now living in bandera. Found the bandera gun club but hadnt had a lot of free time on the weekends yet.

Anyone else in the area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk