Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Savage 10PC vs. Remington 700SPS Tactical

RangeOfficer2002

FWIW, savage 10 pc is a great buy if you're just going to shoot it stock and burn out the barrell for trigger time. Don't know anything first hnd about commissioning a custom rifle, but remington is the platform i see advertised by most custom gunsmiths.

-jaredr

You can upgrade a Savage bbl at home with simple tools and install your own bbl. You could purchase a .308 initially and down the road buy another caliber that shares a .473 bolt face, such as the .260 or 6.5CM and swap barrels back in forth right there in your own garage without having to send the rifle off to anyone. Remington use to have more options and upgrades available but Savage is quickly closing that gap.

I have both.

Kgunz is correct about the simplicity of Savage barrel installation.

However, there are more quality stock options for Remington actions.

Quality? Are McMillan, Manners, HS Precision, even the Accuracy International Chassis System, and just about every bench rest stock not quality? Who doesn't make a stock for the Savage? Now mind you I don't own a Savage centerfire rifle, but that doesn't mean anything bad about their rifles.

Who has an Accuracy International Chassis System for a Savage rifle? I hope I’m wrong but I’ve been looking and dreaming about this for years but never seen or even heard of one (not even a one off custom which I’ve contemplated). Please tell me I’m wrong.

Sometimes it’s nice to be wrong. Any idea what the release date is. Does it take the standard AI 10rd magazines, what models does it fit old duel feed or new single feed. Sorry for all the questions I’ve been waiting a long time for this.

Thanks, Ryan

Sometimes it's nice to be wrong. Any idea what the release date is. Does it take the standard AI 10rd magazines, what models does it fit old duel feed or new single feed. Sorry for all the questions I've been waiting a long time for this.

Thanks, Ryan

Ryan,

The information is available across the internet. This is kind of a big deal to a lot of people. Do a little Google researching and you can probably come up with the answers you seek and some answers you haven't even asked of yet.

When I read you’re post I looked at a few vender sites but did not see anything. I guess I should look at snipers hide just haven’t gotten there yet, not enough time in the day. Thanks for letting us know about these. I’m a big Savage fan, started hunting with a model 99 in 300 savage and love the company. I’ll be getting one of these stocks in the future.

Thanks, Ryan