Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

N Frame holster

Merlin Orr

Need to buy a holster for my "new" 625-2. (6.5" barrel) Bought it for ICORE..but... Guess I need to get something USPSA legal (as well as ICORE) as I may just get that crazy with my new found toy at some point.

What are you real revolver shooters using? smile.gif

I bought a Talon Tactical kydex, can't say I'd do it again though. The fit and finish wasn't all that great. I've tried out my buddies Safariland 587 and really liked it. See alot of Blade Tech out there too.

Just my .02

Good luck

Kevin

I'm using a SpeedSec with a CR Speed belt for ICORE and USPSA. The SpeedSec holds K, L, and N frame guns of any barrel length since there is no muzzle platform. It's secure with the lock on but don't run with the lock off. It's easy enough to un-lock the gun on the draw.

I use the Hogue holster. But then I have got a magnetic personality. :devil:

The lightning bolt signifies.......Never Hitting twice in the same spot. :angry:

I think the picture is too big. How do I resize it now? Sorry mods may bad..

Edited after I saw how big the pic was... oops

post-309-126935458459_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bubber

Call Chuck at Shooter's Connection and get a Speedsec 5. It's a great holster.

The new Speedsec 6GF and 6GFL have been release but he doesn't list those yet. You might ask him if he has them yet. They are adjustable to fit any gun. The 6GFL model has a muzzle platform like a CR Speed but I would bet it is made out of much better material.

Chris

Call Chuck at Shooter's Connection and get a Speedsec 5. It's a great holster.

The new Speedsec 6GF and 6GFL have been release but he doesn't list those yet. You might ask him if he has them yet. They are adjustable to fit any gun. The 6GFL model has a muzzle platform like a CR Speed but I would bet it is made out of much better material.

Chris

Thanks, Chris. Just called and they are going to be in ....someday. Problems at the factory...

Still looking.. May just pop for a CR Speed. Sounds like it is a proven platform anyway..

If you like the Ghost type holsters their Revolver one is pretty nice. I've only got to play with the CR Speed and the Ghost but of the two I'd have to say I was WAY more impressed with the Ghost. It actually secures the gun at the trigger guard and on the lower front part of the frame. While it's more secure it's still the same 1/2" lift and it breaks free for presentation. Also the lock is a Lock... no way that gun is coming out or spinning. Add to that it's $30 cheaper then the CR Speed and I'm not sure why more people don't use one.

Oh... and here's for the super rare photo of one (not my photo... credit to who ever owns this rig :lol: )

post-8969-126937586913_thumb.jpg

If you like the Ghost type holsters their Revolver one is pretty nice. I've only got to play with the CR Speed and the Ghost but of the two I'd have to say I was WAY more impressed with the Ghost. It actually secures the gun at the trigger guard and on the lower front part of the frame. While it's more secure it's still the same 1/2" lift and it breaks free for presentation. Also the lock is a Lock... no way that gun is coming out or spinning. Add to that it's $30 cheaper then the CR Speed and I'm not sure why more people don't use one.

Oh... and here's for the super rare photo of one (not my photo... credit to who ever owns this rig :lol: )

I have to say that I like the ghost, too. Josh loaned me his when my CR Speed broke this past weekend. I still like the lock lever on the Speedsec the best though. However, that is just personal preference. I would take either a ghost or a Speedsec over a CR Speed at this point.

Chris

I've got a Speed-Sec and a Blade Tech. The Speed Sec is for sale. I don't find that I'm any faster with it and the BT offers better (read: will not fall out) retention.

Your PM box is full or you would have one from me....devil.gif

I've got a Speed-Sec and a Blade Tech. The Speed Sec is for sale. I don't find that I'm any faster with it and the BT offers better (read: will not fall out) retention.

I agree on this one. While I didn't try a lot of holsters out, you only draw once a stage. Picking up a 1/10th of a second on each reload would make up any lost draw time and it is not falling out unless you do a cartwheel. I don't know how they stack up on price, but seems like you could find them all day long for 40$ shipped.

Lee