Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 IDPA Nationals - Dates announced

Is there any word on the 2010 IDPA Nationals when and where they are going to take place. I know it is around Tulsa, OK like last year but what month? I need to start planning for it now. Thanks.

Jason B)

Is there any word on the 2010 IDPA Nationals when and where they are going to take place. I know it is around Tulsa, OK like last year but what month? I need to start planning for it now. Thanks.

Jason B)

Did you try www.idpa.com?

You only shoot one of the 4 days.

That's only true for SOs and Thursday shooters.

Everybody else shoots half the stages Friday and the other half Saturday.

You only shoot one of the 4 days.

That's only true for SOs and Thursday shooters.

Everybody else shoots half the stages Friday and the other half Saturday.

I though USSA had enough bays for you to shoot all the stages in one day without rearrainging for new stages?

Jason B)

I though USSA had enough bays for you to shoot all the stages in one day without rearrainging for new stages?

Jason B)

They do. The SOs shoot the entire match on Wednesday. Some people sign up to shoot the entire match on Thursday. The others shoot half the stages Friday and the other half on Saturday.

I'm in my 60s and don't have the stamina of you young guys (besides being a girl). The 2009 match was quite fatiguing for me to shoot in one day. My last two stages I just walked through - I was ready for it to be over. I'm pretty sure I would have shot a bit better if I'd split the match. YMMV.

Bummer! That's the same weekend as the Ozark 3 gun match.

Priorities Man! Priorities! :lol:

Jason B)

I take it you have never shot a natural terrain major 3 gun match. This ones at the Lake of the Ozarks which is georgeous in September.

No major matches. Just the ones put on by the local area clubs. I am getting into IDPA pretty heavy this year but plan on attending some major 3-gun matches in the future. The wife keeps telling me "Only one shooting sport at a time. You are not made of money."

Jason B)

Jason B)

They do. The SOs shoot the entire match on Wednesday. Some people sign up to shoot the entire match on Thursday. The others shoot half the stages Friday and the other half on Saturday.

I'm in my 60s and don't have the stamina of you young guys (besides being a girl). The 2009 match was quite fatiguing for me to shoot in one day. My last two stages I just walked through - I was ready for it to be over. I'm pretty sure I would have shot a bit better if I'd split the match. YMMV.

Which day do they announce the scores and give away the goodies?

Jason B)

Jason, do you still have your 2nd Quarter Tactical Journal from last year. The schedule is pretty much the same each year I think. It's laid out there with the application each year.

p.s. I have your Texas Tactical shirt in my car. Will you be shooting this weekend?

Edited by Steve J

Jason B)

Which day do they announce the scores and give away the goodies?

Jason B)

In 2006 and 2007, the awards presentation was Sunday morning.

In 2008 and 2009 it was at the dinner Saturday night.

Interim scores are posted on the IDPA website each night. Final scores are posted at the match hotel when the stats crew gets there after Saturday's shooting is finished.

You can download the match books from 2006 onward from the idpa website. The match schedule is toward the front.

This is a link for last year's: http://www.idpa.com/matchresults/2009_nationals/2009_MB.pdf