Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tension And Awareness

shred

Somebody sent me this article on the differences between "lucky" and "unlucky" people.

One line was especially interesting (boldface mine):

Unlucky people are generally more tense than lucky people, and this anxiety disrupts their ability to notice the unexpected.

How very true. Same goes for meeting people (women) - if you are tense - forget it.. If you are relaxed (with a woman already) they come from the woodwork. I don't know how this ties in with lucky or unlucky but it sure applies to getting lucky. :P

In my mind, the term "luck" speaks more to possibility than to result.

We are always hearing about some lucky person winning the lotto or becoming famous. Now, they may have bought the winning ticket alright. And maybe that was good luck. But, what if the result is that the money or fame wrecks an otherwise happy existence?

I agree that a person who lives the majority of their life in a relaxed state, free from tension, is quite lucky whether anything outwardly notable happens to them or not. Isn't dealing with the unexpected, what life is all about?

While countless "lucky" people are slain by their good fortune, somewhere there is a guy or a gal that just takes each day as it comes and makes the most of every possibility. I want to be that lucky guy.

Maybe there is another term for this lucky state of mind........ Faith?

What a concept to begin a Saturday! Thanks, Shred! :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
Here are Professor Wiseman's four top tips for becoming lucky:

1.  Listen to your gut instincts - they are normally right

2.  Be open to new experiences and breaking your normal routine

3.  Spend a few moments each day remembering things that went well

4.  Visualise yourself being lucky before an important meeting or telephone call. Luck is very often a self-fulfilling prophecy.

(quotes from that aforementioned article)....

Kinda takes us right back to the concept of self-generated Positive Thought, now doesn't it...? ;)

• 1 month later...

I feel what's called luck is the phenomenal manifestation of one's karma, and the depth and significance of the true meaning of karma runs so deep, no one can fathom it. So I guess I'll just keep plugin' along.

be